Part 9: Her Song

Kells POV

I rushed into the hospital room. "What the fuck happened? Lexi are you okay?" She was sitting next to Justin who by the way was knocked out cold on the hospital bed. She got up and rushed over to me. "Colson you have to calm down." I saw she had a black eye and bruises all over her body. "What the hell happened you you?!?" She tried pushing me out of the room. "Did he do this to you!?!" I tried pushing past her but a bunch of doctors rushed in and grabbed me. "Sir you have to calm down!" I was still fighting them and then everything went black.

-

I woke up in a weird room. I kept hearing this annoying beeping sound. "Can someone turn that off please." I mumbled before sitting up. The door opened and Lexi walked in with bandages all over her. "It's about time you woke up." She mumbled before sitting down on the edge of the bed next to me. "Wha... What happened?" She gently pushed me back down on the hospital bed when I tried to get back up. "It's... A long story." Someone walked in the room & said something but I couldn't make out what they were saying. She got up and headed for the door. "Lexi where are you going?" She didn't respond. I tried sitting up and getting out the bed. "Lexi please wait..." I saw her look back at me one last time. She mumbled one last time,"I'm sorry for everything..." My attempt to get out the bed only led to me landing on the floor in even more pain then I was in before. 

I tried crawling to the door but the pain was getting to me. By this point I already ripped out all of my IV's and pain was tearing through my body like lightening. I groaned in extreme pain and curled up in fetal position. Tears started falling down my face. "I'm sorry I gave up..." Everything went black....

-

4 Months Later

I looked back on that day, the doctors told me later after I woke up that none of that happened. She never entered my hospital room & that it was all in my head. They called me crazy but I knew what happened that day, we said our final goodbyes... "Daddy are we almost there?" Cassie asked from the back of the car. I didn't respond. We pulled into the parking lot and Cassie jumped out of the car. "Can I hold Alexa today?" Cassie dove for her baby carrier but got out the car and grabbed her before she got to it. "Not yet baby, she's still too little." I saw two other vans pull up as I pulled Alexa's baby carrier out of the car with her in it. I shut the car door and watched & the crew got out of one of the two cars & Lexi's family get out of the other. They all walked over and started cooing over the baby, they all were asking me questions but I just ignored them. I was completely silent...

Once everyone stopped having their each individual time with the baby we all headed over to place flowers on her grave. I could feel my heart getting heavy the closer we got to the gravestone. I glanced over at Alexa. I was holding her baby carrier in my right hand. She looked just like Lexi, nose, eyes, smile....

"Oh these times are hard, yeah they're making us crazy, don't give up on me baby..." I just stood there staring at the gravestone. That one lyric was etched on it right below her name. The wind was blowing gently past us, it added to the silence that was going on at the moment. Cassie was just on the ground gently running her fingers along the gravestone, tracing her name. I bent down & unbuckled Alexa from the carrier and held her in my arms. She had this beautiful smile on her face, babbling & playing with her fingers. I couldn't help but smile when I saw this beautiful little girl. She resembled her mother all too much, so as much as she made me smile; she also broke my heart...

"I never thought for a minute, if you showed me a picture of my life now, that you wouldn't be in it. Took me a couple years to say I loved you, but I meant it when I said it. Wasn't much of a romantic, but you get it...." I mumbled that line to myself. I couldn't believe that a song I wrote years before would apply to my life so much right now. I kept beating myself over me not coming to my senses and going back for her quicker, maybe if I would have came earlier. Maybe if I wouldn't have given up when I was in LA before she would be with me. Alexa hardly being able to even control herself yet because she was still so little tried to turn around and look at the grave. I gently sat her next to the gravestone and she hugged it with the biggest smile on her face. Everyone just stared in awe, I couldn't believe it.

"Yes baby, that's your mommy... She's watching over you from heaven, she always had & will love you."

I'm sooooo sorry I ended it like that. I'm also sorry for not updating in forever. I didn't know how to continue & I have so much going on, I'd figure I'd update while I had the time. I love you guys. 21,000 views? I never even thought I would accomplish this. I fucking love you guys. Listen, when summer come (Its soooo close) I'm going to start another story. (can you believe I started this last summer?) I don't know what it will be about, It might be a fan fic or a realistic story. Just follow me for updates & follow me on twitter & instagram @CaliforniaVibe_ to keep up with me and what I'm doing. 

Thanks for eveything you guys <3

Baddestजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें