Part 24: Awkward Situations

"Are you pregnant?"

I looked around while shushing her. "Mom shut up, you're being loud." She chuckled. "Well that's really the only reason you would be feeling those symptoms. Did you and him have sex lately." My eyes widened "No.. I mean yes, but it was like a month ago and we used protection." I looked over and saw Colson walking over. "Can we talk about this later...?" She nodded her head and put on a fake smile when he came over. "What are you two beautiful ladies talking about." I blushed and my mom smiled. "Aren't you just a sweetheart Colson." He smiled. "I try." She laughed. "Well i'll just leave you two alone." She walked away and Colson stood in front of me with a smile on his face. "You feeling better baby?" He asked while kissing my forehead. "Yeah.... did our lawyer say anything about the jury coming to a verdict anytime soon?" He shoved his hands in his pocket. "He said he doesn't know anything yet but he'll be sure to let us know if he does hear anything." I looked at the time on my phone and groaned. "I hope it ends soon, I just want to go home." He pulled me close to him, wrapping his arms around my waist. I looked over and saw my dad walking over. "Here we go..." I mumbled, I heard Colson chuckle. He stood in front of me and Colson with a sympathetic look on his face. "What do you want?" I asked wanting him to get away from us as soon as possible. "How have you been?" He asked awkwardly. I smirked, "Well I've been sent to jail, stalked, almost killed, and now I'm in court. You take a guess." A frown spread across his face. "Is there anything important that you would like to talk to me about because of not Colson and I would like to carry on with our lives." He looked hurt when I said that but honestly that's what I was hoping it would do to him. "I just uh... I wanted to apologize for everything I said to you before. I know I was wrong for leaving your mother like that and leaving you guys with nothing. I thought about you guys everyday, what you looked like, your personalities and everything. I never meant to hurt you. Im sorry." I could feel myself feeling sorry for him too. I could tell he felt kind of guilty. I saw him look at Colson. "I hope you treat her better then I ever did." And with that he left.

Me and Colson looked at each other confused as hell. "What. The. Fuck?" I laughed realizing we had said that at the same time. I shook my head in confusion and sat down. "This has got to be the longest day in history."

-

"Alexa Alverenga and Richard Colson Baker are found innocent of all charges, you are free to go." I saw Colson do fist pumps and jump a little bit. I smiled and looked over at Haley, thanking her. "Good job everyone." My lawyer said to everyone. "Thank you." I said to him while giving him a hug. "No problem." Colson shook his hand and then we ran outside, breathing in the fresh air. "Thank fucking God this is over." I looked at Colson. "Baby whats wrong." He didnt look to happy and it was sort of bugging me. "I start back up on my tour again tomorrow." My smile faded into a frown. "And I start back at my job tomorrow...." We just stood there with the realization that we would be apart from each other again. "We could video chat." I suggested. "My camera on the laptop is broken." He ran his hand through his hair frustrated. "Phone calls?" He shook his head. "Im going to be in Australia, there's a huge time difference." He walked over and pulled me into a tight hug. He kissed my forehead and intertwined our fingers together. "I don't know how I'm going to last without you, this past week has been hard enough." I saw Alaina pull up with our car. My mom and Brandon were already in. "Lexi lets go! The flight leaves in 2 hours and we have to go through security check!" He looked at me. "You're leaving already?" I could tell he was upset. "Sadly yes. I know we sound like a cheesy ass couple but I'm seriously going to miss you." Alaina beeped the horn. He looked away then back at me. "Take this..." He handed me his favorite bracelet that he never takes off. A huge smile spread across my face and I leaned up to kiss him. Right before our lips touched Alaina beeped the horn again, scaring the shit out of us. Me and him looked over to see everyone in the car laughing. I smirked and stuck up the middle finger at them while going back to our kiss. After a minute or two we broke apart and parted ways...