Part 23: The Court Hearing

(Kells POV)

It's been a week since all of that went down. Lexi flew back home to be with her family, so I've been alone all week. That day when Xplo got shot in the arm by Ryan, the bullet punctured an artery. The doctors had to perform surgery on him but he should be fine now.

I got out of the car and walked up towards the courthouse. Today was Lexi and I's court hearing. I looked around anxiously, hoping I would finally see her but I had no luck. I frowned and walked into the building. I went up to the front desk and the lady told me I had to head up to floor 3, Courtroom #18. I walked towards the elevator and a flashback from that day with Ryan popped into my head, stopping me in my tracks. One of the lawyers that were coming out of the elevator looked at me and stopped. "You okay man?" I looked at him and put on a fake smile. "Yeah I'm fine dude, thanks." The lawyer nodded his head smiling and walked off. I walked on to the elevator with about 4 other people. "What floor you going to?" This one women asked me. "Um... floor 3." She pressed the button along with hers and the elevator went up.

I walked off the elevator an down the hallway looking for courtroom 18. I passed a countless number of lawyers and cops. I swear I haven't seen so many in one place besides the police station back in Cleveland. When I finally ended back in the spot so started in I groaned and shoved my hands in my pocket. I sat down in one of the nearby chairs and pulled out my phone, checking the time. It was 10:43, the hearing was at 11:00. I shoved my phone back in my pocket. If I can't find this fucking courtroom in 17 minutes I'm shit out of luck. I just sat around staring into space until I heard someone call my name. "Colson?" I looked up and a huge smile spread across my face, it was Lexi. She walked over to me smiling. I stood up and engulfed her into a huge hug. "I missed you." I mumbled into her ear. She leaned up and kissed me gently. "I missed you too." I let go of her before I crushed her tiny body and just stared at her in amazement. She looked so professional but hot at the same time. She had on heels that gave her an extra 5 inches in height. "Are Ash and everyone else here?" She asked while fixing my collar and tightening my tie. "Nah, they all had to stay back home." She frowned but then quickly smiled again. "Did you fly here?" I asked her. "Yeah, did you meet out lawyer yet?" She asked back. "No, you got us a lawyer?" She smirked. "Hell yeah, he's like the best in PA and I had him fly out here just for us." I half smiled. She pulled out her phone. "You want to head over to the courtroom?" "I tried but I couldn't find it." She chuckled. "Come on, I'll show you where it is." She grabbed my hand and pulled me along, this was a opportunity for me to look at her ass. "Colson stop staring at my ass." I looked up and smirked. "How'd you know?" She looked back and smiled while still walking. "I know you."

She led me down this little hallway that I didn't see and there it was, Courtroom 18. We walked in and I saw this guy talking to... Haley? "What's Haley doing here?" I asked. "Our lawyer wanted to use her as a key witness. She was the one who saw the argument between me and my dad and Ryan beating up my dad. She could be the one who saves our asses." That made me look down at her ass again. She kept pulling me along over to the Lawyer. He turned around and smiled. "Hey Alexa." He looked at me. "And you must be Colson." He reached his hand out and I shook it. "Im Daniel, Nice finally meeting you. I've heard such great things about you." I smiled and looked at Lexi, who by the way was blushing extremely hard. "Oh really... what did she say." Lexi's eyes got wide and she started blushing harder. "Okay, that's enough between you two." I laughed. "So how are you feeling about the case?" Lexi asked him. "I almost 100% positive we're going to win this." I felt myself smiling inside. "Are they going to bring Ryan?" She asked. "Most likely. But don't worry, he'll be surrounded by like 5 state police officers." I saw her relax a bit. I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her close. "Want to sit down?" I asked her. She nodded her head and we sat in the very first row. I rubbed her back gently while we both hummed the melody of Now I Know. "Thank you." She said. I looked down at her confused. "For what?" "For just being there for me." I smiled and kissed her temple. "You mean the world to me Lex, I will always be there for you." Daniel walked over and pointed at his watch signaling that the hearing was about to start. We both stood up and walked over to where we were supposed to stand. We watched as people flooded in the courtroom to watch the hearing.

(Lexi POV)

The hearing was a big blur. Our lawyer presented what he had and then sent Haley up to the stands. She defended us and my dad even showed, I didn't say anything to him though. The next thing I knew they had Ryan brought in in a big orange jumpsuit and chains around his ankles and wrists. I froze when I saw him again and Kells grabbed my hand. "It's ok." He whispered. I closed my eyes and prayed that we would win this case.

-

"What did you hope the outcome would have been after you were supposed to have killed MGK." My lawyer was up asking Ryan questions. "To get her." He pointed at me and stared deep into my eyes. I looked away quickly. Kells pulled me closer to him. "Why were you after her in the first place." "She is mine, always will be mine." I heard the jury talking amongst each other when he said that. "So did you actually assault Robert Alverenga, if so tell me from beginning to end your plan." I glanced over at my father who was staring right at me with a sympathetic look on his face. I scanned the room and saw my mom sitting with Alaina and Brandon. I looked back at Ryan. "Yes I did assault him. My plan was to hopefully catch her when she was in a fragile state I guess. I knew she would eventually find out that I had escaped from jail and was coming after her and then to have to the police looking for her at the same time would be too much for her." Everyone was quiet. "How'd you know that she would be in a fragile state?" My lawyer asked. "No one knows Alexa better then I do. I know her highs and her lows. I know how she'll react to certain circumstances, I know that she can get overly worried about the ones she loves. That's why I went after her family. I know that if she gets angry enough that her eyes turn black and she starts tapping her middle finger against her upper thigh while her other hand is balled into a fist." He looked at me. "I can tell just by the way she is acting right now that she is nervous. See how she is playing with her thumbs and how she tapping her right foot on the floor slightly." Everyone looked at me and you heard gasps all across the courtroom. I could tell Colson was getting angry. "This is fucking pointless! How does this have to deal with the case!" Colson yelled angrily. "Alright Mr. Baker, that's enough from you." The judge said while banging his mallet against the thing. I saw Ryan smirk.

-

The case went on with my lawyer asking Ryan all these questions. Some of them were kind of weird. Like he explained how he wanted to kill Colon and what he planned on doing with me. I think even the judge was freaked out because he called for a 20 minute break. We all walked out of the courtroom and headed down the hall. "I can't wait till this is over." Colson mumbled as we headed down the hallway. I rubbed my temple slightly as I felt myself getting dizzy. "You ok?" He asked while rubbing my back slightly. "Yeah I'm..." I paused and looked for the nearest bathroom. I ran down the hallway and into ladies room. I stumbled over to a stall and nearly puked my guts out. I heard the door open and someone walking over to me. I looked back and saw Colson standing there awkwardly. As I went to say something to him I turned back to the toilet and threw up again. He leaned down and held my hair back as I kept throwing up.

After about 3 minutes of straight puking my guts out I could finally stand up. I walked out of the stall and turned on the sink. I cupped my hands under the water and then put the water in my mouth, gargling away the nasty taste in my mouth. I saw I had tossed my purse on the floor as I ran in the bathroom. "Could you grab my purse for me." Colson grabbed it and handed it to me. I reached in and pulled out a little mouthwash bottle. "You carry mouthwash with you?" I chuckled. "Yeah, you never know when you might need it, and right now is one of those moments." He laughed, I opened the bottle and poured some in my mouth. I gargled away the nasty taste and replaced it with a clean minty taste. I put the bottle back into my purse and followed Kells out into the hallway. Our lawyer spotted us and walked out. "The trial is about to be back on, we should head in now." Kells and I nodded our heads and followed him into the courtroom. "What do you think made you puke like that?" Kells asked as we sat down. "I don't know, stomach virus maybe?" He shrugged it off but I was honestly worried. Why did I puke like that?

I know its been about 2 weeks since I updated but I didn't forget. Hope you guys like it :) comment what you think and don't forget to rate!
-Marinah