Chapter 4: Katelyn

I instantly woke up and thinking everything that happened last night was a dream. I felt my heart pounding so fast and I looked around. I saw Zane slightly waking up and looks at me. He mumbles,"U-um....Answer..?"

I looked away quickly and mumbles,"I-I'm sorry I don't think I can be with anyone...Aaron is in the hospital and-" I spoken so fast and quickly Zane hugged me.

He whispers,"Calm down, your about to cry...." He wipes a tear off my cheek,"Looks like I'm already too late...and I do kind of wish I was the one who stole your heart...Heh heh...Are we still having a date...well are we still going to hang out, I mean?" I nodded slightly.

It hurt...when he said that he wishes that he was the one who stole my heart..

I put my hand onto my chest and felt my heart beating so fast. I blushed slightly and looked at Zane. He stared back at me and is about to lean in, but he instantly let's go of me and looks away.

N-no...please don't..hold back...UGH WHAT AM I THINKING!

I blushed and mumbles,"Um, I will see you soon then..."

He nods and gently smiles,"Yea..um also...my scarf." He looks over at Celeste and then his scarf. His scarf was covered in pee.

"I-I'm so sorry! I will go wash it and give it back to you later...," I said.

"It's fine I can watch it..," Zane said.

He tried to pick it up and I swatted his hand and picks it up. "IT IS MY DOG, I take the responsibility...besides...you did kind of cheered me up," I mumbled and looked away.

I heard Zane stifle a laugh and I look at him smiling gently and brightly. I blushed as I stared straight at him,"Z-Zane..you have a pretty smile...Why do you always hide it?"

He looks away and blushed. Zane covered his mouth,"There..is No..reason." I could already tell there was a hint of lying in his voice. However, I did not wish to question him any further.

I yawned and puts the scarf into a plastic bag. I walked toward the bathroom and washed my hands. Through the mirror I saw Zane staring up at the roof. A slight tear ran down his cheek and worry filled inside me.

I sighed and walks back out as I finished brushing my teeth. "W-well see you soon.."

"I will pick you up..we will walk there, together only," Zane mumbles quietly. I smiled and he said shyly,"Please don't forget..I l-love you..."

As he went out the door, I instinctively turned around and held my hand out in the air. I felt like grabbing his sleeve to make him stay. I moved my hand back toward myself and looks down at it. "W-why did I," I stared at my hand confused. I didn't know why, but I fell down to the floor. So many thoughts and mixed feelings is in me.

Katelyn walks in,"Aphmau! What was this about?!?" She showed me a picture on her phone and it was a picture of Zane when he accidentally fell onto me. It looked like he was pushing me down.

I mumbled,"I tripped..."

"Then..this one," she showed me one where Zane looked like he was about to kiss me.

"That was just..we both were not thinking and also.....Where are you getting these," I hollered.

She laughed,"Kawaii-chan showed me and said she is putting it on her Shrine."

"W-WHAT?!? I rejected Zane..and I'm with Aaron still," I yelled.

"Wait...rejected," her eyes widens. "Tell. Me. Everything," she mumbled.

I told her everything that happened last night and suddenly I realized what time it was. I quickly got up and picked out a outfit. I ran toward the shower and cleaned up as best as I can. I didn't even realized Katelyn was yelling my name. Suddenly as I ran out of the bathroom to grab my makeup she grabbed me.

She yelled,"Aphmau!! What are you going on some kind of date?!"

I shake my head no quickly and said,"Its..just.."

"Aphmau, I had never, EVER seen you panicked about something like this before..even when we were on our double date! What has gotten into you?!? Did you actually..fell in love with," she was about to finish and stared at me with her eyes wide.

I interrupted her and yelled,"No!! I'm not ready..to fall in love...it's just Zane is my best friend.."

"Best friend...? Your...taking it-" she stopped and began to slightly giggle. "Fine fine...I get it! Anyway...you look better without makeup," she said and by that she grabbed my makeup bag that I bought just today. She smashed it onto the floor and stomped onto it. "Now your ready," she smiled at me.

I laughed and kind of said angrily,"I paid a lot of money for that!"

"Haha..well too late! It has gone to waste now. Just be happy I helped you," she laughed.

"Thanks so much Katelyn," I laughed and walks out the door.

Katelyn smirked as I left and whispers to herself,"How cute..She will just have to find out that she really loves him..not Aaron.. hehe...oh what blind love! However,...I. WILL. KILL. ZANE. If he hurts her feelings!"