Chapter 10: Where it Hurts the Most

Zane whispers quietly,"I'm leaving.." He slightly smiles. I kept on crying and as he turned around he embraced me in a warm loving hug.

"Z-Zane...where are you going..," I mumbled.

"Remember the school I always wanted to get into..for high school and college..? Well..it's O'khasis Prep," Zane said softly.

I stayed quiet for awhile and faked smile,"Okay..it is your dream school after all...but when are you leaving?"

"In..2 days," he said as he stared deep into my eyes.

It looks lonely...his...icy..Crystal blue eyes..

I reached my hand slightly up to his face and held onto it for awhile. I instinctively tried to give him a kiss, but he stopped me,"Aphmau...you don't love me...you love Aaron..and I'm leaving remember? Don't have..emotional ties with me like this..it is already hard enough to leave you..., but it is for the best..the best for all of us..Garroth already knows..by the argument we had.."

"I'm sorry...," I looked down slightly.

"Aaron...He spoke to me before I left the hospital," he looks at me. "He's coming back..you don't have to act this way anymore. He awoken from his comma and he wishes to see you.."

I looked down and whispers so quietly that he can't hear,"That doesn't make me feel happier..some how.."

"Huh,..what did you say," he looked at me.

"It's nothing...but can you at least sleep by my side...that's all. I don't want to be alone tonight," my voice faltered slightly.

He nods and then laid down. I looked at him and went to the bathroom to quickly change into his black and gray sweater. I then put on the black gym shorts he gave me.

I mumbled very quietly to myself,"Zane...it kind of smells like Zane...it smells...nice.." I realized what I was saying and whispers very quietly,"Agh! What the heck am I saying!!" I bumped into the sink and stared at myself in the mirror. I notice I'm blushing crazily and I quickly put my hand onto my chest. I could hear my heart beating rapidly. "What is this feeling...," I whispered and a slight tear ran down my cheek.

Suddenly I heard Zane knocking onto the door,"Hey..Aphmau are you okay?"

"Yea fine," my voice slightly went silent as I turn my head to the things on the sink. I saw a knife and slightly picked it up. "Why is this here..," I whispered.

Suddenly I began to hear a voice which kind of sounded like me, but not me. Die...Die...go suicidal...everything will be better...no more pain...no more emotions...no more LOVE...Zane, Garroth, Aaron, and everyone...Will break you...where it hurts the most...

I slightly brought the knife to my wrist and my hands began to shake. It felt as if I was being controlled. I didn't want to, but I knew that if I cut my wrist, I can cut my main artery. Suddenly Zane yells,"Aph...I'm coming in!!!" He uses a key to open the door and as he opened it, he saw me about to commit suicide or just cut myself several times. "Aphmau," he screamed and ran at me quickly.

I dropped the knife and fell down onto my knees holding my heart.

Where it Hurts the most....Will..make...me...fall...

I kept shaking and shaking as Zane embraced me in a warm big hug. "Aphmau...don't scare me like that," he hollered. He held onto my head and whispers,"Aphmau..."

"Where it Hurts the most," I whispered.

"Where," he asked.

I couldn't reply to his question so I asked,"...I'm going to bed now..."

He nodded and helped me up. He kissed me onto my forehead as we reached the bed. He mumbled,"Don't scare me...ever again...do I have your word?"

I nodded slightly as I laid down onto the bed. He laid down right next to me. I tried to cuddle in his arms, but he tried to stop me. Later he finally gave up. I smiled as I looked up at him.

"Fine..just this once," he blushed.

Narrating What Happen/3rd Person POV

They both fell asleep in each other's arms. Yet there were tears, the bed was stained with tears. Aphmau's tears....

Zane's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night and looked at Aphmau.

She...looks...so fragile...

I slightly smiled and suddenly my smile turned to a frown. I felt fear for what I saw happen in the
bathroom.

Zane's POV Flashback

As I unlocked the door I saw Aphmau holding a knife at her wrist. It was directly where her main artery was. I yelled,"Aphmau!"

As I stared into her eyes, I saw her eyes looked so lonely. It looked like she was scared, but it seemed like she was also was being possessed. I saw a slight crimson tear fall across her face. Her amber eyes looked like it was turning into a crimson color.

That isn't...the Aphmau I know...

I embraced her as she began to cry. I saw her eyes change back to her original eye color.

She whispered,"I'm scared..."

"I'm here...everything will be alright..," I whispered.

As I looked up at the mirror I saw our reflection through the mirror. She had beautiful white wings that spread out behind her. It was connected to her. However, her wings was being covered by blackness. It seemed like a infection. I saw myself with black wings, not as majestic as hers.

What happen..to her..

Aphmau tried looking at the mirror, but I turned her head slightly to face me.

End of Flashback

I stared at her as she slept peacefully. I leaned in slightly and kissed her on her lips.

I knew it was wrong, but I loved her. I don't want anyone anything to hurt her. I want to protect her, even if it costs...my life...my life is already horrible after all...she would never love a demon like I

------------------------------------------------------

So was it good? Was it bad? Still hate me? I think you do! XD Either way...obviously this is not a cliffhanger for you guys though...it might be...? Nah