Chapter 18: His Friends

Gene pushes me away slightly and smiles,"Don't worry...anyway how is Dante?"

"H-he's fine he is currently in love with a girl name Nicole," I look up at his dark blue eyes.

"We need to head back," he put his arm around me. He said,"I shall escort you! I can't let a fair maiden going somewhere alone in tears."

Gene winks at me making me laugh slightly. I smiled,"Really? Isn't that a pick up line Dante said to me in high school?"

"Yes, but at least that made you laugh right," he smirked.

I nodded as I hit his arm off me,"Well I don't need a escort."

Genre's POV

"Looks like, kitty, is finally in my grasps," I thought and smirked as I walk by her side. I sniff the air slightly and thought by myself,"Kitty seems to have a darker...aura than long time ago. It is...sweeter...and stronger. I just have to let darkness wrap around her heart, then her precious heart or I should say soul...be in my hands!"

Aphmau's POV

Once when we are back to O'khasis Prep, Gene's friends comes running up to us.

Sasha said,"What's wrong kitty?" She puts her arm around me, making her white long hair rest onto my shoulder. Her purple eyes seems to sparkle with mischief,"Did something happen?"

Zenix sighed and walks right by Gene,"I bet she got her heart broken or something. Maybe.." He looks over at Gene,"Is she joining the gang?"

"Lets not talk about that right now. She is heart broken and will be hanging out with us for awhile," Gene looks at Sasha and Zenix. He puts on a mischievous smirk,"Kitten will be...with us. It seems like we have to get onto 'good' terms. If you remember what happen or what I 'told' you both in high school." He winks at both of them when I'm not looking.

"Zenix, crybaby, can you please go away. You won't do any good for poor little kitty here," Sasha smiled.

"Wha-," he raises a hand at Sasha flustered, until I stopped him by grabbing his wrist.

"Don't. Put. Your. Hands. On. Her," I mumbled angrily and looks at Zenix.

They all look at me oddly. Gene just had a devilish smirk across his face. Sashes smiled brightly, and Zenix smiles awkwardly.

"What a nice look you have," Sasha said.

"Awe kitty, I'm sorry for Zenix to give you trouble," Gene smirked.

"Its alright," I mumbled. Suddenly Gene wrapped his arms around me, embracing me. "W-what the-," I stammered.

"I'm sorry," he said painfully whispering in my ear.

He suddenly began to laugh, but immediately was pulled off my shoulders. I quickly turned around and saw someone with black silky hair seems to hold him by his shirt. The guy's other hand is clenched in a fist. He looked down not bothering to look up at Gene. I couldn't see his face at all.

"Hey, get your hands off me," Gene said loudly. He still smirked devilishly at the person.

Suddenly the person lifts his head making his black silky hair flow around him slightly. The wind blows onto the mysterious man's hair making it move out of his face. There I saw his beautiful light crystal blue eyes. His eyes looked as cold as it could be. He seemed angered, showing in his eyes were eyes of a cold blooded killer. I couldn't recognize him at first, but there right on the cold floor revealed his true identity. There was a single scarf black and gray which was well knit. It looks like it was bought in a store, but there was a name on the scarf saying,"Aphmau."

"Z-zane," I mumbled quickly in fear and quietly.

He looks at me slightly and looks back at Gene. He pulls him closer to him,"Stay away from Aphmau!"

Gene smirked devilishly,"Oh really? What are you gonna do about it, cold blooded demon?"

He started to laugh hysterically.
As he laugh more and more I took several steps back shaking and cowering in fear and confusion. Suddenly Sasha and Zenix put their arms around me.

Sasha smiled,"Stay here Kitty!"

Zenix laughed,"Finally something interesting happens!" He leans in closer to me and whispers in my ear,"You wouldn't wanna miss this, would you?"

I looked at both of them and thought,"What have I gotten into?! Zane...what's wrong?" A single tear falls across my face. "Why am I crying," I thought.

Zane looks over at me and I somehow knew he was trying to tell me,"When you see the signal, run."

He looks back at Gene and yells,l angrily,"Stay. Away. From. Her. OR ELSE I'LL KILL YOU!!" He pushes Gene at my way, making Sasha and Zenix let go of me. Their faces showed they were full of shock. I look over at Zane and he yells while pulling up his sleeves,"Run! RUN, APHMAU!"

Quickly I kicked the ground, boosting myself into a sprint. I didn't want to look back. Right now, all I can see in my mind was images of Zane's eyes looking like a cold blooded killer. I thought they were actually nice, but Zane made me think something else. One thing for sure, I've gotten into trouble on my first day of college.

"Zane," I whispered as I kept running far away from them, as I heard loud steps hitting the ground coming toward me in a fast pace. Probably faster than me.