Chapter 5.

"How could you?" I ask, my voice cracking at the end

"How could you?" I ask, my voice cracking at the end. Weight sinks down onto my body like the house on the Wicked Witch.

My boyfriend, the guy I've known for over four months, is cheating on me. How is this even happening?

"Brittni - let me explain," he holds up a hand, and shirtless, starts walking towards me.

I stumble back, like there's some kind of power in his palm pushing me away.

I don't stray my eyes from his wild demeanor, the haunting look on his face is enough to send me into over drive.

"S-stay away from me," I stutter, my bottom lip quivering.

Faintly, in my peripheral vision, I see the girl getting dressed back in her shirt and pants. Of course, with my luck, it's not just any girl. You know, only my worst enemy, Brinley Coles.

"Just listen to me, baby," he tries again.

"Don't call me that," I seethe through my tears. "Don't come near me ever again."

When I'm about to turn around and bolt out the door I see the devious smirk plastered on Brinley's perfectly caked face.

I tell you what, this isn't over. Soon enough she'll be begging me to stop punching her stupid face and pulling out her hair extensions.

I shake my head at Nathan and turn to sprint away, my body not expecting the numbness of my legs.

I would've fallen if it wasn't for Nathan's hand that grabbed my arm, holding me up.

"Get off," I clench my teeth and try to fight him away, but his hold is to strong. "Stop!"

A fiery rage burns through his eyes, and before I know it, the harshness of metal makes contact with my back, painfully.

I screech in pain, but Nathan covers my mouth with his hand, his face appearing so close I almost have to go cross eyed.
Tears stream out of my eyes as I struggle to push him away, whimpers of futile attempts rack my body.

"Stop trying to get away from me," he clenches his jaw.

I scream in his hand, but all this causes is him pressing my body more into the lockers.

"If you tell anyone about this, I will personally make your life a living hell," he seethes, pure venom seeping from his words.

This is not the Nathan I was falling for. This is not the guy that nursed me back to health when I got hit in the head with a fifty mile per hour volleyball. This is not the guy that kissed me and told me how beautiful I was when no one else did. This person - this coward - is not who I thought he was.

I silently cry to myself, and he moves away, only far enough that I can't see the slight freckles on his nose. Removing his hand, he smirks at me like I'm a piece of meat.