Chapter 14.

After taking a shower and dressing in a shirt of Jackson's and my panties, we both lay back down on his bed. I'm in no mood to go back down to the party, and I can tell he isn't either.

Jackson lays his head on my lap while I play with his hair, the two of us in a comfortable silence.

"Brittni?" He turns his head slightly so he can see me better.

"Hmm?" I hum, concentrated on his hair and how soft it is.

"Can I tell you something?" There's a slightly worried look in his face that puts me on edge.

"Of course," I furrow my eyebrows.

"I-" he chokes up. I start to get really anxious. "I love you."

My whole body goes into shock. The hand that was previously combing through his hair has frozen along with my breathing. The words circle around my head repeatedly making me sick.

"I love you."

"What?" I stupidly ask. By the look on his face, I can tell he wasn't expecting this type of answer.

"I said-"

"But how?" I breathe, my heart beating out of my chest. Jackson looks slightly angry as he sits up, looking straight into my eyes.

"What do you mean how?" He asks, a shakiness to his voice that is either caused by anger or sadness.

I don't know how to respond. My mind isn't functioning correctly. The words have me around the neck, cutting of my air way and I don't know if I can stop it. No one has ever said those three words to me.

Sure, Nikki has said them before, but it didn't mean what this does. Jackson Long the guy that is un-conquerable by all the girls, loves me.

"We've only sort of been together for a little over a week and you...love me?" It's a struggle to even get out the words.

I haven't been with him long enough to even think of the possibilities of loving him. I like him...a lot, but I don't think I love him. Do I?

"That doesn't mean I can't love you." His eyes show some much passion I end up having to look away. "It's okay if you don't feel the same way, I don't expect you to say it."

I snap my eyes back to his and notice the sadness in his eyes and smile. He's trying to act like me not saying the words doesn't hurt him.

"I just haven't thought about it," I fidget with my fingers.

"It's okay, baby," he smiles, but it doesn't reach his eyes.

He leans in and places a soft kiss on my lips.

Something inside of me lights up and sends a huge wave of excitement through my body. My mind clears up and I feel like I can breath again. I think back to all the awesome moments Jackson and I've had and I nearly lose my breath again. Is this what love feels like?

"Jackson," I pull away, causing him to frown. "I love you too."

"Don't say it if you don't mean-"

"No," I bite my lip to hide the smile. "I do. I didn't know what I felt for you until now, but I love you. Everything about you."

"Really?" He asks, his eyes lighting up like a little boy on Christmas.

"Yes," I smile, it only becoming bigger when he grips my hips and lifts me off the bed, swinging me around while I laugh.

"I was worried there for a second," he says when he sets me down, cupping my cheeks and leans in closer.

"I love you so much," I grin, making his smile stretch wider than the Joker and press his lips to mine.