Chapter 19.

The memories of last nights 'almost mistake' has me feeling all types of ways. Mad at myself for not remembering something like that. Irresponsible. Scared. Everything.

"Are you going to get dressed?" Jackson asks, pulling up his pants. He told me that he wanted me to get dressed so that we can go to CVS and get pills, but I feel like somethings stopping me.

"Jackson," I look up at him from my position on my bed. "I don't know if this is a good idea."

"What are you talking about?" He shakes his head, looking down at me in confusion. "How can it not be a good idea? I could've gotten you pregnant-"

"I know," I shake my head. "But I've heard that the pulls can disrupt you ever getting pregnant. And I don't know about you, but if like to have kids in the future."

The thought of possible having this dream with Jackson invades my thoughts, but I quickly erase it. He barely wanted a relationship with me, why would he want to marry and have kids with me?

"That's if you're on it for a certain amount of time," he tells me, sitting down next to me. "We could always do the shot or something-"

"No, it's okay," I sigh, giving him a smile.

"You're scared of shots aren't you?" he teases making me blush.

"Shut up, let's go before my mom wakes up from her night of drinking," I tell him and change into a clean pair of clothes. We had taken a shower last night before we went to bed, so I throw my hair into a bun and follow him out to his car.

I wonder what Nikki is doing? Hopefully she's alright, I know how much Colten can get on her nerves so I just hope they didn't kill each other.

It doesn't take us long until we're walking into CVS. It has that horrible smell that makes me want to cover my nose, but of course that would be rude, so I don't. Antiseptic, rubbing alcohol, and stale products. Not the first thing I want to smell in the morning.

I walk us down the Parenting aisle that has pregnancy tests and such before picking up the tablets. Jackson stops me before I walk past him.

"You look upset," he stares down at me.

"I'm not," I assure him. "Just tired and I need food."

"You sure?" He raises an eyebrow like he doesn't believe me.

"Yes, Jackson," I smile, punching his shoulder. "Now let's go and get something to eat, please."

He laughs, but drags me to the counter and pays for the pills. I don't miss the weird look the cashier gives us as we purchase the birth control together. I want to fake lunge at her and see what she does. I hate when people look at me like that.

Jackson ends up getting us McDonald's, which I'm certainly not complaining about. I don't think I've had their breakfast since I was a kid and it tastes just how it used to. I got the hot cakes.

"I feel like we should've gotten Nikki something, too," I frown at Jackson as we throw away our stuff in the trash.

"Nah," he waves me off. "She'll probably won't be up for a few hours, it'd just go bad. Now go put something on tv while I change."

I nod and walk over to the couch, curling up with the blanket and switching through the channels for something to entertain us. I end up keeping it on Cartoon Network where it's showing Shrek the first.

Interesting fact about me, I love Shrek. Actually, any Dreameworks production I like. There's something about the animations that have me falling for them every time.