Chapter 24.

Jackson's POV.

I make sure my eyes are purely on Brittni as I retell the story of two nights ago. I can't tell whether she's believing me or not and that makes me jittery.

"Continue..." She raises an eyebrow, looking like she's on the verge of saying something. I wish she would.

"You don't have anything to say-"

"No," she cuts me off. "Now keep going or I'm leaving."

I nearly smile at the sass in her voice. Despite the fact that it makes me crazy at times, I've always loved it about her.

"Okay," I blow out a breath. "Anyway..."

"It all started in August," Brinley began. I was shaking in my shoes as she hesitated to continue. "I knew that Brittni was in a relationship with someone, but I didn't know who."

Pause.

"I had found out at a party, I saw the two of them together and I immediately found him attractive." She sighed, taking a minute to take a seat on the bed. I stayed standing. "He had a strange look in his eyes as he stared at me that night, it was weird. One minute he'd be laughing and having a good time with Brittni and the next he was staring at me with a predatory look.

"I couldn't help the fact that I wanted him," she looked down, I would've thought she was ashamed if I hadn't known her better. "I watched as he left with her, coming to the conclusion that I had to let it go. I like sex, but not with a guy that was taken. It wasn't my thing, but when he came back, looking frustrated, those crazy feelings came back.

"He had drank two beers before stalking up to me. We talked about stupid things and then I went home with him. I didn't like the way I felt the next day, knowing that I slept with a guy that had a girlfriend, but even then, I continued to do it."

The look in her eyes became a bit more fearful and scared than anything else. It had me worried in a strange way for this girl that's caused my love harm and pain.

"So, let me get this straight," I held up my hand with eyes narrowed. "You knew what you were doing was wrong, but you kept doing it?"

She sighed. "That's what no one knows."

Now, I was even more confused than I was.

"What are you talking about?" I started to have a bad feeling about all this, about the sweet guy everyone thought Nathan was. What was he really hiding?

"I didn't exactly have a say in it." Her eyes looked up at me with tears.

"You're saying Nathan raped you?" I asked, my muscles tensing.

"It was under my consent," she said. "But I wanted it to stop. I told him every single time that I didn't want it anymore, that I didn't like it. He would say that I had to, like it was my position as a woman. That I had to provide pleasure to those who needed it.

"I didn't like the look in his eyes when I would shoot him down. He looked dangerous. I gave up trying after he threatened to spill a sex tape he supposedly recorded. Even if I knew he didn't have one, that didn't mean he wouldn't find a way to frame me. I couldn't risk it, especially with my dad being a reverend, it wouldn't be good. So I kept it up."