Chapter 33.

He looks somewhat of a Greek god walking towards us, the wind blowing at his fully padded up body. Even with the scowl that he holds on his face, he looks gorgeous. I can't take my eyes away from him, and neither can anyone else, apparently. The crowd of students go quiet when they see my boyfriend, something I'm sure he won't care about. I do, though.

"Hey," he breathes when he gets close enough to me. The talking starts up again when they realize no drama will be happening. At least I hope so.

"Where'd you go?" I question. I'm worried about him, it doesn't help that he seems slightly impaired. I really hope he didn't leave my house to go drinking. It would break my heart. I should be glad he's here right now, but not like this.

"No where important," he tells me nonchalantly, gripping my hip and pulling my body against his. "Now give me a kiss for good luck."

I do just that, a quick kiss, but one nonetheless. I really hope he's okay. By the way he smiles at me before walking off towards his team, I feel he should be fine.

Never get your hopes up.

The buzzer goes off to start the game, and I'm not too anxious about it. I trust Jackson to not do anything that could disrupt the team. I call out the first cheer and everyone starts doing it. Except Nikki, she looks like she's struggling. She's never messed up something like this, I look at her worriedly.

"Blue twenty! Blue twenty!" I hear Jackson yell faintly to his teammates before the play is in action. Im definitely not an expert on football, but I've been on the sidelines for almost every game since I was six so I've picked up a few things. And I'm pretty sure this particular play is supposed to go to Colten. Or at least I thought, instead, Jackson passes it to Tristan. Tris, obviously not expecting the pass, gets tackled almost instantly.

My eyes widen when I hear the coach yelling profanities at his star quarterback. I stare at Jackson for a while, but he never turns towards the stands. What is wrong with him?

Jackson's POV.

Yeah, it may be a bit petty to be doing this, but what the fuck. I'm slightly tipsy and at this point I'm pissed off as hell at Colten. It makes sense at this point. Even though this could potentially mean getting benched for the rest of the game, I could care less. While I'm on this field with my backstabbing friend, he's not getting the ball. I don't care what the fucking circumstances are.

I turn just in time to see Colten staring at Nikki and I clench my jaw. Over my dead fucking body.

Another play is in run, I call what it's supposed to be which actually doesn't need to be passed to Colten. A touchdown is scored from this one which seems to put my coach in a better mood, but I know I'll be paying for this at practice on Monday. What - fucking - ever.

The rest of the plays go fairly well, Colten not having got the ball once. I feel that smugness take over once the buzzer beeps for the end of the first half.

I lead the team into the
locker room when I take multiple gulps from my water bottle. I'm not feeling the high anymore, damn. Now I have no excuse.

Colten doesn't even look at me when he comes in and I can't help the smirk that takes form on my face, something that I cover with my water bottle.

"What the hell, Long?" Tristan stalks over to me, a scowl on his face. Fucking co-captains.

"It was nothing," I roll my eyes. "I just thought we should give our good friend Colten a break tonight."