Chapter 31.

Jackson and I spend a bit more time kissing, him saying he loves me every time he breaks away. That he's sorry for lashing out on me for something that happened before we were an item.

The more he apologizes and proclaims his love for me, the more I feel guilty for meeting up with Nathan against Jackson's wishes. Maybe Tristan was right, I should let the cops handle this. I feel stupid, though, calling them when I really have no proof that he hurt me physically. I don't know. I probably shouldn't be getting involved with someone like him, it was stupid to think I alone could stop this.

Telling the police about Nathan would also mean telling him about his relations with my mom. She could go to jail for that, but they don't have proof for that either. We'll see.

"Tell me you forgive me," Jackson begs, his nose running along the column of my neck until his lips brush against mine.

"I forgive you," I breathe. Do you forgive me?

The bells rings about a second later, letting me know that we still are in school and have class to attend. I wish we didn't, I'd gladly get lost with Jackson all day. I already skipped yesterday, though, so I can't today. Plus, I need to be here in order to cheer at tonight's game.

"I'll see you in second hour," he presses his lips to mine. Immediately, our tongues meet in a quick tango, both of us breathing heavily after it's over. He smiles, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear before pecking my nose. I blush, he's never done that.

"I love you," I tell him and he reciprocates it. We both walk our separate ways once we get to the fork. I can't help the silly smile on my face as I think about how sweet he was. That stays in tact even when I get a text from Tristan telling me my boyfriend didn't harm him.

Jackson's POV.

Colten is late to lunch, again. I don't know where he keeps running off to at this time, but I'm starting to grow suspicious.

"Hey," I nod at him when he finally shows up. I should ask him now. "Where were you?"

"You know," he smirks, but there's something off in his body language. He's hiding something. "The usual."

"Fuck, bro," I play along, my own smile covering my lips. "With who?"

He hesitates at this part, further fueling my suspicion. I can read my best friend pretty easily, and I know he's hiding something. How big this something is is beyond me, but I will find out

"Don't remember," he
answers, looking down at his food. Not very believable.

"Same old, Colten," I shake my head not buying his shit for one second. "You hear that, James?"

"I do," James nods, biting into his burger. "And I must say, you are one bastard."

I notice the way he stiffens after those words, my suspicions right. I'm about to lay out to James that it probably was Angelique, when I'm cut off.

"You're stupid-"

"Excuse me?" A high-pitched voice screeches through the speakers. "Ahem - shut up!"

We all cover our ears as the squeaking of the microphone almost makes us go deaf. I look up once again to see Angelique on top of the stage, a smirk on her face. Whose she looking at? I turn to Colten who seems just as confused as me.

"I hope you guys don't mind," she speaks. "But I wanted to entertain you all with a little show."

I turn my full attention towards her, not even bothering to look back at Colten. Whatever is about to happen obviously has something to do with him. Angelique is obsessed with him.