Chapter 16.

"Can't we just stay out here all night?" I whine, curling into Jackson's side even more.

"I wish," he sighs. "But I have to get home just in case something happens. You can come too."

"If Nikki sees us-"

"She won't," Jackson swipes his thumb across my cheek softly. "And if you think I'm going to let you go back to your moms, I officially think you don't know me."

I giggle. "Fine, I'll stay with you tonight."

"You were always going to," my boyfriend says matter of factly, switching me over to my seat and starting the car.

Our day has been very uneventful. After leaving my mom, we came to the park parking lot and hung out all day. Technically, we stayed in the cab of his truck talking, kissing and sleeping. I hadn't noticed how tired I was until falling asleep curled up with Jackson.

I watch the street lights pass as we head back to the Long household. I can't deny the fact that I want to see Nikki and talk to her, but Colten advised to give her space, so we will. It's going to be hard when she's really the only friend I have, but I'll do it for her. Especially if it means her forgiveness.

"I think she's asleep," Jackson whispers, locking the front door as I look around the quiet house. Colten is flung across the couch, his mouth hanging open with light snores and a recording of the Michigan game playing.

Walking over to the couch, I throw the blanket over him and aim towards the kitchen to fetch a glass of water.

"I'll meet you upstairs," Jackson calls and I nod.

I need him more now than ever. Maybe it isn't the smartest idea to sleep with him in the same house as his sister that currently hates us, but I can't help it. I've felt a bit calm all day due to him, yet I don't think I'll be able to fall asleep without him.

With this in mind, I finish my glass and head upstairs. I get ready for bed after Jackson, slinging on a shirt, I then head back to his room. Jackson is laying shirtless on the bed, his arms folded behind his head as he stares at the ceiling. The only light illuminating the room is a small lamp in the corner so it's enough to see his face. The worry. The sadness. The anger. And thoughtfulness.

"Didn't hear you come in," Jackson turns his head to me. Before I lose confidence, I stride over to the bed and swing my leg on the other side of his hip, straddling his torso. "What are you doing?"

Through the confusion, lust and need swirls in his iris's making me want him even more. I need him. Like my only personal shot of heroine, I need this man every second and minute of the day. I need his lips on my body, his hands on my skin, and his body molding into mine. I crave him.

"So much is on my mind," I breathe out, lifting my shirt over my head, revealing the bareness underneath. "I want it to stop, just for a little while."

"Brittni..." Jackson whispers, his eyes glueing to my naked chest, down my stomach and to my panties. "You'll have to be quiet."

"I know," I nod and in one swift motion, I'm on my back with my panties strewn across the room. I gasp in surprise, drawing Jackson's attention.

"Mm, baby," he bites his lip sexily, his finger running along my soaking core. "You're soaking, already."

I moan quietly, my mind in a haze as he stares at me hungrily. I try to close my legs when his finger touches my sensitive bud, but Jackson forces them back open.

"Keep your legs open for me, baby," he breathes, getting off the bed to slip out of his boxers and grab a condom.

Birth control. Birth control. Need to remember to do that tomorrow. I know he doesn't like the rubber barrier and honestly, I would love to feel him without it as well.