Chapter 30.

"You went out with your psycho ex-boyfriend?" Tristan yells, my face scrunching up at the volume. "What the actual hell is wrong with you?"

I blow out a shaky breath. "I'm the only one that can shut this whole thing down, Tris. I need to do this."

He looks furious, his face is contorted into a scowl that I usually never see. "That's fucking stupid. You call the police for that shit!"

"With what?" I respond exasperated. "I have no evidence he ever did anything. I need to find paperwork of some sort. Like mental stability. A video-"

"Hell no," Tris cuts me off making me look away. He's not making this any easier to do. "If you even think about luring him in so you can get a video, I will personally lock your ass up."

"Listen to me," I assure him. "I won't do anything dangerous-"

"Just being close to him is dangerous, Brit," he runs a hand through his hair in anxiousness. "You have to tell Jackson."

"No!" I immediately reject.

"Why?"

"He'll just make it worse," I tell him, feeling worried. "I need to do this myself, can you trust me with that?"

I see the complete and utter exasperated look on his face as I ask him this favor. He's going to say no, I can feel it. I knew I should've kept this to myself.

"Under some conditions," Tristan states, completely serious.

"What is it?" I ask, twiddling my fingers.

"You tell me when you're going to talk to him, what he says, where you're meeting him and if there is an emergency," he demands. I wouldn't ever want to cross that look on his face so I nod.

"Deal." He blows out a breath. "There's another thing?"

"Lord have mercy," he mumbles to himself making me cringe. "What now?"

"Do you know how I told Jackson I was with you earlier?" He nods, my heart already racing. I personally think this part is the worst. "Well, that kind of led into a discussion."

"About..." I can tell he's getting impatient so I spit out my next two sentences quickly.

"Melosingmyvirginitytoyouandtheotherthingswedid!" I blurt out, Tristan's face holds all types of confused.

He lays a hand against his forehead, looking thoroughly exhausted. "Okay, so basically what your saying is that I'm going to he nursing a broken bone by tomorrow?"

I pout, looking ashamed of my actions. I am ashamed. This wasn't supposed to happen. It's all become one big mess that seems too big to clean up now.

"Tristan!" I groan, covering my face with my hands. He chuckles on the opposite side of my screen making me scowl.

"It's cool," his laughter dies down, looking slightly uncomfortable. "So he knows?"

I sigh, looking down again. "Yeah."

"What happened?"

"He was pissed, and left without talking to me." I rub a hand over my face. This day has been exhausting.

He breathes in deeply, sitting back against his pillow in a tired fashion. "I'm actually surprised he didn't find out sooner."