Chapter 35/Epilogue

"Just, keep your eyes closed," Jackson demanded, sounding like he was slightly annoyed by my constant nagging. He should've been, I've been walking for what seemed like forever and I was ready to sit.

"This is tiring," I whine, when we suddenly stop. Thank the lord.

"Okay," he leans in close to my ear, whispering the words that put a shiver down my spine. "Open your eyes, baby."

I do just that, my hand immediately slapping over my mouth when I noticed five guys from the football team, one being Colten, having a letter written on their chiseled stomachs.

Prom?

"What do you say?" Jackson is still behind me, his arms around my waist now. "Let me take you to prom?"

I smile excitedly, turning around in my boyfriends arms and landing a good one on his lips. He smiles into the kiss, lifting me into his arms.

"Is that a yes?" He questions, a huge smile on his face.

"It's a yes," I giggle and his lips are back on mine.

I smile at the memory as my moms good friend, Shannon, works on my hair. Today is Prom, the day I've been waiting for since two weeks ago when Jackson asked me. I had been so excited, ecstatic really, it was a dream come true.

I took Nikki with me to the boutique the other day and I was having so much fun that I wished my best friend was too. I had tried getting her to buy a dress even though she already broke things off with Colten.

Yep, the schools power couple broke up about six days ago. It was for things that had to do with Colten moving to California for college and Nikki's trust issues.

Jackson too will be leaving for college at the end of the summer. He got excepted into the University of Washington which is where he's been dying to go since he was young. There was no way I could hold him back from that, it doesn't mean I wasn't upset, though.

I told him how proud I was of him, but the moment he asked what was wrong, I broke down. I told him how much I would miss him, everything about him. He understood, and told me he would do everything in his power to make it work. I trust him. I'm not usually one for long distance relationships, I've seen the outcome of a lot of them, but I'll try. Nikki is slightly different, but then again, she has really bad trust issues. I may have some, but past things have definitely left their mark on her.

Things were pretty rocky for us after everything with Nathan happened. We were both still in shock, and Jackson was mad about me putting myself in a dangerous situation. I understood completely, it was a stupid move. I shouldn't have ever done something like that. It's over now, though, and that's what we need to focus on. It took two weeks for us to even begin acting like a normal couple again.

And I was fairly happy to know that no one really knows what happened to Nathan. Rumors have spread, some saying he just moved, or that his mother had an affair with a man in Jamaica so they got banned from their fathers house. All center around him moving.

"How does it look?" Shannon asks, smiling at me through the mirror. I grin.

"It looks amazing!" I squeal, standing up to give her a thankful hug.

"You would've thought I gave you a million dollars with the way you're acting," Shannon teases and I laugh.

"Feels like you did," I shake my head, the grin that I've always worn covering my face.