Chapter 7.

"I understand that you're not feeling well and I think that's just due to loneliness, so you should come eat with us," Nikki explains through the phone.

"I've got tons of homework, Nikki, maybe some other time," I bite my nail, a nervous habit. She won't want to ever see me again after she hears what happened between her brother and me.

"Brittni! You're coming and that's final," she orders through the phone, but I'm not changing my answer. I can't afford to see Jackson right now, or ever for that matter.

"No, Nikki, seriously I'm not. You go and have fun, but I can't come. I'm sorry." Before she can try and talk me into it again, I hang up the phone and cover my face with my hands.

What have I done?

I ruined my friendship with the one person whose stuck around me for so long, for what? Her brother? Her player of a brother. I'm so stupid. How could I have been so naive and ill-minded? I just don't understand it.

Sure the sex was amazing, it was the best thing in the world for thirty minutes. And now I'm back to reality where I've been cheated on by my four month long boyfriend and slept with my best friends brother.

I wonder if Jackson has told anyone yet? I bet he's just waiting to let the whole school know how big of a whore I am for opening my legs for a random guy. He's not exactly random, but still.

Maybe turning my brain to mush with my music will help. Worth a shot.

I stick my earbuds in both my ears and grab my phone, changing it to a random song, I turn the volume all the way up and wait for the effects to take place.

•••

The only thing this experiment gave me was a raging headache. Never gonna do that again.

Groaning, I lay back on my bed and stare at the ceiling until I can finally close my eyes and leave this horrid day behind me.

It doesn't come until two hours later, but at least I'll have eight hours to try and come to terms with what has happened.

Hopefully.

When I wake up to the sound of thunder, I open my eyes and look out my window where dark clouds litter the sky and raindrops pelt against the glass.

I'm guessing the football game will be cancelled tonight, but you can never be too sure. So, I grab my cheer skirt and a spirit hoodie before heading to the bathroom to take a shower.

Even after scrubbing my body raw yesterday after I left Jackson's house, I still feel gross and dirty, so I go through the same procedure

When I get out of the water I put on my clothes and start curling my hair.

Friday Night Games are a big deal at our school. The football players deck out in spirit wear as well as the cheerleaders. The rest of the student body - including teachers - face paint and wear our school colors. It's always a fun time, except for today. I'd rather stay home than go to a football game that I'll be freezing my butt off at. I guess that's what you sign up for.