9: Ant, You Sure About That?

I jumped up and down with joy, my hand on the phone almost falling down. "No way! No freaking way!"

 "Ain't it cool?" Lana said. "Mitch just got us in for Minecon!!!!"

 "I can't believe it!" I screamed into the phone. "When is it?"

 "Like in the summer," Lana said. "So don't say that school's in the way still. Cause, you're coming either way!"

 "All right," I said. "Hopefully, I'm not working that day either."

 "I don't care if you're working or not! You're coming!"

 "Tell Mitch, he's the best!"

 "I can't believe what he told me after that," Lana said.

 "What is it?"

 "You owe him a date," Lana said.

 "WHAT?!"

 "Yeah, he's like totally serious. I told him that too bad cause' Sky's the one who's insisted on the yogurt thing still."

 "I thought Sky forgot all about the car thing." (I really did. For a second, I thought maybe I would be able to escape the yogurt thing even though Sky was being really nice about it and serious.)

 "Yeah. Sky told Mitch that he's waiting for you to call him about the yogurt thing. He feels that it has to come from you; you're accepting his apology for the whole car incident."

 I swear, if Adam was beside me right now, I would hit him.

 "Why can't he call me?"

 "Didn't he only give you his number?"

 Oh yeah.

 "Well, tell Mitch, the date's going to have to wait. Besides, didn't he get the memo about Jason?"

 "Yeah, well, let's just say they'll probably collide heads soon."

 Great. Just great. I need guys to fight over me already.

 "Um, how am I going to handle this?" I grumbled.

 "I told Mitch that to let Jason take you first and then maybe you'll give him a chance."

 "I might just do that. Tell Mitch thanks for the tickets though. I really appreciate it."

 "Can you imagine if he got us in to PAX? Man, I'll be bouncing off the walls. So, whatcha doing?"

 "Trying to find out now what to wear for Minecon. I'm at the mall."

 "Oh, try looking for like, something comfortable to wear. Or something casual. I'm sure people go to it like that."

 "Yeah," I said. "Well, I gotta go. Besides, my phone's on low battery and I need to save the energy unless my mom calls for groceries."

 "Ok, bye," Lana said.

 I hung up and scanned through Tilly's.

 After Tilly's, I went out and began to walk around, hoping to find another store I could go into.

 It was really nice for Mitch to get us passes into Minecon. I mean, I know that he's probably super excited about it. Only, I think he did it for me.

 He only invited Lana so I could have a talk with someone while I'm there. Still, he could of done something small like buy tickets to the movies.

 I passed by a small cookie store. A lady was handing out samples of chocolate chip cookies. She then put it down on the table and went back to the counter to help customers.

 I eyed the last chocolate chip cookie. It did look good. And I was getting kind of hungry....

 I quickly stepped forward toward the cookie. Someone out of the corner of my eye was also heading for it. Of course, a guy.

 He had mouse brown hair with a black T-shirt.

 I speedily walked more. The other guy paced his footsteps too. I charged with full force over to the cookie. The guy also charged.

 I then ran to the cookie and the guy did too. I pushed him down and placed my hand on the cookie. The guy pasted down his hand on it too.

 "That's my cookie," I growled.

 "I had my eyes on it first," the guy said.

 I lifted up my hands. "Fine, then. You win."

 I walked away. "Don't you want to cut it in half?"

 "Huh?"

 I turned around. "We'll half it. It's better that way."

 "Are you sure?" I asked. "Cause', you looked like that cookie was going to belong to you only."

 "No, it's better that way. It's clear that you wanted the cookie too. Sharing means caring..."

 "And caring means sharing," I said, laughing.

 He broke it in half and gave it to me.

 "Thanks," I said, munching on the cookie.

 "Name's Taylor," the guy said.

 "Sel," I replied.

 "Nice to meet you. I never met a girl so serious about cookies."

 "I never met a guy so desperate for a cookie."

 Taylor laughed. "It is a cookie anyway."

 "Except in Minecraft, it's doom or die," I said.

 The guy laughed again. "I go for the golden apples more."

 "Golden apples?" I said. "Wait, you're..."

 Then it hit me. "Antvenom."

 Ant smiled. "Of course, obvious about the golden apples."

 "And the cows," I said, shaking my head. "Why the cows?"

 "Um," Ant said. "Well...."

 "Just eat all the golden apples and you'll be fine," I said.

 Ant laughed. "Yep, take it to the apples."

 "Or bread. It fills you up."

 "True."

 "Thanks for the cookies. That was really nice of you."

 "Of course, I'm nice. If I wasn't, I'd probably push you first to get the cookie."

 I laughed. "Yep."

 "So will I see you around on Minecraft?"

 "Yeah, here's my name." I gave it to him.

"Oh, did you know I'm hoping to start my own YouTube channel soon?"

 "No way. You're making your own channel?"

 "Yeah."

 "If you need any help, let me know. I could help you."

 "Thanks," I said. "Hey, won't you be at Minecon too?"

 "Of course! I have to! Why? You're going over there too?"

 "Yeah, Mitch just got us passes."

 "Mitch? As in, Bajan Canadian? How do you know him?"

 "He's my friend's brother." Yeah, blame that on Lana, Ant.

 "Cool. I'm be seeing you over there. It was nice meeting you. See ya, Sel."

 Ant walked away and I shook my head. There were more YouTubers to meet.

****

 Yay for Ant! Who's the next YouTuber to charm Seli? Who will it be? And the "dates" will be coming soon....