17: What?!

I got a call from Maddie after I picked up my book.

 "Hey, Maddie," I said as soon as I reached her. "What is it?"

 "Do you want to go to the skate park?" Maddie asked.

 "Um, why?" I asked.

 "Well, Jerome's gonna be there," Maddie said.

 I rolled my eyes. I really didn't want to meet Jerome right now...

 "Um, why don't you give the guy a break? You broke up with Austin. You know you can't just go and take some guy as your boyfriend. What if the issues you had with Austin come up with him?"

 "I just know that I'm for Jerome," Maddie said. "Are you going to help me? I want him to know I'm a good friend."

 What about me? Had he ever told you that he's got his sights on me too?

 I sighed. "Fine then."

 Maddie waited by a bench when I got there.

 "You're just in time," she said. "Jerome's friends are skateboarding."

 It was torture. I mean, I felt bad enough for Maddie making little smiles at Jerome who waved at me and her. Jerome had it worse. He grinned and laughed when I would pretend I didn't notice him.

 And when Maddie would laugh at some skateboarder falling, Jerome would wink at me.

 I swear he had the hots for me.

 "I'll take a try," Jerome said as he took a skateboard from one of his buddies.

 "Go, Jerome!" Maddie said.

 I turned the other way. I couldn't watch it no more. I couldn't even take it no more. It was so...tragic. A stupid love triangle.

 Maddie was in love with Jerome. Jerome likes Maddie but he feels an interest in me. I'm...well...I still have no clue which guy I really like.

 I haven't even figured out the stupid date for the yogurt thing. Or maybe I should just forget about it...

 I then saw Jerome fall down on his skateboard.

 "Jerome! Are you ok?" Maddie asked.

 "I'm fine," Jerome said.

 Someone laughed loudly to my left. I turned.

 A guy in a blue button down shirt and gray pants was right next to me. He had short mouse brown hair with small eyes.

 "Good one, Jerome!" the guy said. He then looked at me. "Hey."

 "Hey," I said, unsurely. "You know Jerome?"

 "Yeah, I know him," the guy said. "We're part of Team Crafted."

 "Wait, you're..."

 "Ian. Ssundee," the guy said. "And you are..."

 "Sel. Just call me Sel. And this is my friend..."

 I turned to introduce Maddie but she was way too busy trying to figure out if Jerome was all right.

 "I swear I'm going to kill Maddie," I muttered.

 "Whoa, who said anything about killing?" Ian asked.

 "Nothing," I said, putting on an innocent face. "I said, well, I meant....my friend is just driving me insane that I feel like killing her sometimes...you know?"

 Ian frowned. "Um, I think I kind of know what you mean."

 Another skateboarder fell.

 "Bro, you forgot about the turn!" Ian yelled. "That's how you do it. Anyways, where were we..."

 "Are you heading to Minecon?" I asked.

 "Minecon, heck yeah," Ian said. "Definitely going. Never missed and never have. Of course, all of Team Crafted is going to be there."

 "I heard about Sky not joining no more," I said.

 "It's his choice," Ian said. "It's not like it's going to ruin our friendship or whatever. I mean, anyone can create a group, join and then leave too, right? As long as it doesn't ruin the friendship, then it's fine."

 "A lot of people got mad over Seto though," I pointed out.

 Ian shrugged. "I honestly think that it should of been up to Seto. He could of just said no. His commentary's a little...sluggish but...not everyone's a great commentator, eh? I think that's the problem with us. We created this group for fun, not for...just being stupid ignorant guys. We want to show that it's fun to be in groups and play and that friendship is always there by the end of the day. I think that's why Sky left. Deadlox...I'm not sure. I think Sky's more of a business guy. I see Ty more as a lone wolf guy. I'm sure Ty's likely to come back...I'm not sure about Adam..."

 "It's sad when it should just be fun," I said. "Then people kick out other people just because of business, and what's more sad is that they're friends."

 "You do what you can," Ian said.. "All I can say is that everyone has their own perspectives about things."

 "Ow! My back!"

 "Jerome!"

 We turned.

 Jerome was on his back, crying out in pain.

 "Are you ok?" Maddie asked.

 "I'm fine," Jerome said. He got up and started to climb up to the ground.

 "What happen, bro?" one of his skate buddies asked.

 "I just fell," Jerome said. He sat down on a bench. "It really hurts though."

 "Want me to take you to the doctor's?" Ian asked.

 Jerome shook his head. "No, I'm fine." He then threw a dirty look.

 It wasn't really one but it looked like one. It looked like it was directed....at Ian.

 I shook my head. This wasn't going to be good.

 "I gotta go," Jerome said. He got up. "I got to go meet my sister. I promised that I would meet up with her for family dinner."

 "I hope you get better," Maddie said.

 "I will," Jerome said. "See ya later, guys."

 He then bumped into Ian. "Whoa, watch it, bro," Ian said. "That backs probably really hurting. Just put some ice on it and you'll be fine."

 I gulped. This was so not good.

 Jerome turned to Ian and frowned. He glanced at me, winked again and took off.