15: Just A Little Slip

I immediately dialed Lana's phone number.

 "Hello?"

 "Lana, I need your help."

 "On what?"

 "These guys."

 "What guys?"

 "These men that are asking me out like crazy and there seems no end to whoever I meet is someone that's extremely cute or funny or something or whatever and they manage to steal my heart and why is that it's always someone out of the blue or someone that knows something. IreallyneedyourhelpLanait'sgettingcrazy. I don't know how much I can take this!" I screamed into the phone.

 I then hyperventilated.

 "Ok, take a deep breath. Calm down," Lana said.

 "I can't," I said. "I think I'm about to explode."

 "Do you want me to pick you up?"

 "Yes."

 "Where are you?"

 "Are the park."

 Goodness, even I couldn't speak. Not only were they invading my mind but I couldn't even talk now! WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE THIS WAY?

 "Why were you at the park anyway?" Lana asked.

 "Randy Johnson was here," I said.

 "Randy? How come you didn't tell me?"

 "Oh, he came up to me and told me that he was sorry and even Jordan was. Oh, and get this. Jordan wants to take me out over that. Can't you believe that?"

 "You know, you still haven't even called Adam about the whole car thing."

 Guilty as charged.

 "Just pick me up and let me have a meltdown," I said. I was really close to crying. What was happening to me?

 It was torture. Poor Adam. Jason. Pews. Bryan...Wait, who was Bryan? Grr. Even I couldn't get the names down right now.

 Lana pulled in with her car. I climbed into the seat and broke down.

 "Why are you crying?" Lana asked.

 "It's hard," I sniffed. "So many freaking guys are coming at me and I don't know what to do. I mean, I like them all but I don't know who to go to first. What if I go to Adam but it's not fair to Jason now is it? It's freaking torture. And it's not only affecting me but it's affecting my friends."

 "I have no problem with you seeing Mitch," Lana said. "I mean, if you could kick Mitch out of the house and let him come live with you, I would cherish you everyday. What about your other friends? You mean Jaqi and Maddie?"

 "Yes. Maddie likes Jerome but then Maddie just broke up with Austin and I think Jerome's got some feelings for her but then he admitted that he likes me. Jaqi's got Eddie for a cousin and I don't know how she feels about that."

 "Hey, two guys out for me and Jaqi," Lana joked. "Relax, Sel. You're taking this way too seriously. Why don't you go to one guy at a time. Or how about this. Go on a group date. Tell Adam that you'll like to go on that yogurt thing and invite Jason and others. That way you can tell which guy you're most attracted to or hang out with more."

 "That does sound like an awesome plan," I said. "I mean, at least it won't be all blood and guts."

 "Honey, it's going to be nothing but war and love soon," Lana said.

 "Why does it have to be these guys though?"

 Lana shrugged. "Ah, who knows. Be happy. Do you have any idea how many girls would love to be in your position right now? To have this army of YouTuber guys who want to win your heart and yet you're complaining that you have to choose one?"

 I shrugged. "I don't know. It's just...Can you take me home?"

 Lana nodded. She drove over to my house.

 "You'll be fine," Lana said as I got out of the car. "Just take a deep breath. Remember what I said about the yogurt thing. Call in all the guys and see which one you like most."

 "Ok," I said.

 Lana then waved and took off.

 I huffed.

 I turned and bumped into another guy.

 "Hey, watch it!"

 That's when I snapped. "Don't tell me to watch it because I've got so much to worry about dude! You don't know what I've been through!"

 The guy turned to me. He was wearing a blue shirt with jeans. His hair was light brown, floppy and he had nice shiny eyes.

 "Everything ok? You seem a little upset."

 "It's just that...I've been going through a lot lately," I said. "There's been a lot of guys on me."

 The guy frowned. "Hey, it's ok. I've been picked on before. And I totally embrace my bully name."

 "Your name?"

 "Kermit. Real name's Dakota but people use to call me Kermit back then. Now I truly love it!"

 I gapped.

 Dakota looked at me. "Are you ok?"

 "Yeah," I said. "Only I feel really bad for you. I guess your name also contributed to it right?"

 Dakota nodded. "Well, I guess..."

 I shook my hand with him. "Hey, don't worry bro. We've got names that we are born with and some of us don't like it. That's what parents are to blame for."

 Dakota laughed. "Yep, that's what they are."

 "I'm sorry if I sort of blew up at you."

 "It's ok," Dakota said. "It was just a slip."

 I laughed and then almost slipped.

 "Now that's a real one," Dakota said, laughing and pointing.

 I laughed too. "Kermit sounds like a cool name for you anyway."

 "Aww, thanks," Kermit said. "What's your name?"

 "Sel."

 "Nice to meet you Sel. Want to hang out sometime?"

 "Sure."

 We exchanged numbers and Kermit said he would like to hang out with me some time.

 As he walked away, I wondered and thought for a second if it was possible that Kermit was someone that I saw...Nah! He was probably just someone that I thought I recognized...

****

 I didn't know whether to put Kermit in here because I knew that one time he left...Either way, he's still in here (whether he's back or not!)