10: Grin and Bear It

Is anyone nervous about who Sel's going to take? Don't worry. It's not time yet. As for the "dates"...well, that'll be explained later. In the meantime, I do hope that I'm not missing any other YouTubers that you'll like to be featured in here.

****

 I called my friend, Maddie for some Starbucks hot chocolate.

 "Um, maybe Panera Bread?" she said. "I know that Starbucks is kind of busy at the moment."

 So we headed down to Panera Bread and got hot chocolate.

 I knew that Maddie was going through some problems with her boyfriend, Austin.

 "So what's up with you and Austin?" I asked.

 "I don't know," Maddie said. "All I know is that I think I'm going to dump him. I don't deserve him. He's been a real meanie anyway. I know there's another guy I like."

 I almost choked on my hot chocolate.

 "Do you know him?"

 "Yeah, he's way better than Austin. He's SUPER nice. He once took me a drive around the park when I had that big fight with Austin."

 "Aw, don't worry about Austin no more," I said. "He doesn't even know how to make you feel happy. It's better if you part ways with him. If he's going to do nothing but fight with you, then it's obvious that you should break up with him."

 "Yeah," Maddie said. "Well, here goes nothing."

 Maddie got out her phone and dialed Austin's number. "Hey, Austin. I'm done with you. In fact, I don't want to do anything with you anymore. You're a big meanie and you suck. You don't pay attention to me no more and you don't even try to make me feel happy. A boyfriend is suppose to make his girl happy, not all sad and angry. SO GUESS WHAT? We're through! I don't want to see you anymore! DO YOU HEAR ME?! Good-bye!"

 Maddie hung up and soared her arms in the air. "I feel like a new person! Hey, want to see my possibly new boyfriend?"

 "Sure," I said. "I hope he's not another Austin."

 Maddie then took me to her car and we drove over to Hanson Beach.

 "I think he's over here with some of his buddies," Maddie said. "One of them challenged him to a volleyball match."

 "Cool," I said.

 We got out and headed down the pathway to the beach.

 I spied a couple of boys playing volleyball. Two of them had black hair. One had brown hair. Another had brown hair that stuck up and he had a cute smile. They wore black shirts and white shirts with  black shorts. The black haired wore black and the brown haired wore white.

 "Hey, Jerome," Maddie said.

 I winced. Jerome. Where had I heard that name before? It can't be....

 "Hey," Jerome said. Crap. It was the guy who had the brown hair that stuck up.

 Jeromeasf. How the heck did Maddie know this guy?

 "What's up?" Maddie said. "I'd like you to meet someone. Sel, get over here."

 I stuck to the ground I stood on. I can't move.

 Why does Maddie get the chance to date a YouTuber?

 "Sel, are you heading down here?" Maddie called out.

 I waved. "Hey."

 "Is she shy?" Jerome asked.

 "No," Maddie said. "Well, she probably knows who you are but I'm pretty sure she'll lose her fan moment. Come on, Sel. I don't care if you know him or not. Come down and say hi."