18: So You Make Videos

"Hello, everyone, welcome back to another of Lani & Seli," I said into the mic. "And we're here for another Minecraft video."

 "Omg, let me like take a selfie first," Lani said.

 "Lani, we don't have time for selfies!" I laughed. "We got to get the bad guys first!"

 It was me and Lani's first time in an attempt to make a Minecraft/YouTube video. We seen Mitch do it plenty of times. And plenty of times he slammed the door on us.

 "Well, we can make one too," Lani said one day. "If Mitch can do it, so can we!"

 From then on, we were trying to use Mitch's equipment when he wasn't around. It was sort of hard to do when you have no idea what is what.

 Soon, Lani called a friend who knew computers and we were able to try to shoot our first YouTube video. Well, almost. We technically haven't uploaded it yet. That was because we kept being quiet and then we would have to restart the video all over again because Lani would accidentally hit the turn-off button followed by a series of cuss words.

 I provided commentary while Lani played the game. Even that was kind of hard to do.

 "Ok, wait, so I move left with this," Lani said, hitting one of the computer letters.

 "Yes."

 "And I move right like this?"

 "Yes."

 "Then what's?"

 "Lani! You just ignited TNT!"

 "Whoops."

 BOOM!

 The house she just made exploded and the wood blocks fell to the ground.

 "Great! Now we have to start all over!" I screamed.

 "Maybe we should take a break," Lani said. So we shut down the computer and went to watch TV.

 "I've got a great idea!" Lani said. "Why don't we try to make an animation video instead?"

 "Just like Sky does!" I said, happily.

 We went back into Mitch's room and turned the computer on.

 "I don't see any animation programs," Lani said, scrambling around with the mouse.

 "Does he know anyone that might help us?" I asked.

 Lani snapped her fingers. "I got it! Steven! He knows a lot about animation."

 She then snuck into a tiny journal and flipped through it.

 "Here's his number." She dialed it.

 "Hi, it's Lani. Mitch's sister. Can you come over and help us with animation 101? Thanks. She hung up.

 "He'll be right over in a while," Lani said.

 There was a knock at the door. Lani opened it. "Hi, Steven."

 I looked up and saw a cute guy. He had black hair and soft brown eyes. He wore a black hoodie and jeans with sneakers. He seemed pretty upset and tired.

 "Lani..."

 "Hi, Steven. So, we know that you help Sky with his vids..."

 "Lani..."

 "And you know this equipment is very difficult so maybe you can."

 "Lani."

 "Yeah?"

 "How many times do I have to tell you not to mess with your brother's stuff?" Lani stood quiet.

 "Do you have any idea what time it is?"

 "Yeah..."

 "It's 8 in the morning. What are you doing up so early? I'm tired."

 "Um, making videos."

 "Do me a favor."

 "Yes?"

 "Stop using your brother's computer."

 He then turned to me. He smiled. "Hey."

 I winced. "Um, hi?"

 "Are you Lani's friend?" For some odd reason, this guy just made me blush. Ok, so maybe he was a little cute.

 "Yes."

 "Nice to meet you, I'm Steve. You ever heard of Slamacow?"

 "Oh my goodness, I love that guy!" I screamed. "He makes the best animation videos ever! I think he is like the A+ guy."

 "You think so?" Steven asked. I nodded. "I know so."

 "Um, Sel," Lani said, nudging me. "This is Steven. He is....um....Slamacow....well....."

 "Wait, Slamacow?"

 Steven nodded. "Yep, those are all the videos I make. Takes some time but it's worth the time to make. They come out great in the end."

 "Oh, I..." I said, already feeling a blush in my cheeks.

 Steven smiled. "Don't worry. It's glad to know that you like my videos. I haven't heard anyone say that to my face...from a fan too! Thanks for liking them..."

 "I...uh...I..."

 "Ok, we'll stop messing with Mitch's stuff," Lani said, pulling me by the arm. "See ya around, Steven."

 "See ya," Steven said. "Hey, text me some time...um...what was your name?"

 "Sel."

 "Text me."

 He waved as Lani shut the down. "This isn't going to stop, huh?" Lani asked.

 I shook my head. "Nope." Dang. He was cute though!