Age 2

Kou at the age of two was like any kid at the same age. He was grasping at his surroundings and learning his five senses, real fast, and bit by bit he began to pick up some words... pineapple being one of them. You could even hear him saying 'nappo' at every passing person when Natsumi took her son shopping. It pretty much earned some weird looks as well as some coos of appraisal for Natsumi, Kou often laughed at some of the stares he got from them.

But when Mikoto came home that day, it was a fateful surprise for Kou. It started when Natsumi asked her son on what to have for dinner that night. "What do you think we should have, Kou-chan? Tuna or Sockeye?"

"A~" Kou began pronouncing his choice of word. "Tuuuu~ na~"

"You're so adorable Kou-chan!" Natsumi squealed, she ruffled her son's hair and got up to prepare the said fish. "Be a good boy and wait until mama makes you you're tuna!"

Kou watched as his mom left for the kitchen. Not long after she turned the corner, the door opened, revealing his dad. Mikoto called out. "I'm home!"

"Welcome home dear! We're having tuna tonight and it was brought up by Kou-chan!" Natsumi came into view, her usual smile in place. She pecked her husband on his cheek.

"Really? Then it must be good," Mikoto said with a tinge of regret in his voice. "But you don't have to cook tonight. Iemitsu invited us for dinner today, you could probably help Nana cook dinner."

"Nana gave birth to her son a few days after Kou, isn't that right?" Natsumi replied thoughtfully.

Mikoto nodded in agreement. "Yup! Tsunayoshi is about the same age as Kou, so they can have fun together."

Kou, overhearing everything, crawled over to his parents. He managaed to conquer that at most. Plopping himself at their feet he gurgled for their attention, pulling his dad's pant leg at the same time. Both Mikoto and Natsumi looked down, slightly surprised at their son's behaviour. Kou held up his hands, saying he wanted to be picked up. Mikoto did so, cooing as he did. "What's up buddy? You want to go to the Sawada's house?"

"Mn!" Kou nodded, with a small smile of his own. That was how they found themseleves at the Sawada household. Nana welcomed them warmly and let them in, Iemitsu got along well with Mikoto. Kou gurgled, catching attention. Nana started cooing, while Natsumi introduced her son to her and her husband. After introductions were completed, Nana led Natsumi to her son in the living room, Tsunayoshi was busy with his building blocks but was quite aware that guests were over.

"You can leave Kou-chan with Tsu-kun here, they'll get along quite well!" Nana replied cheerily, she then headed for the kitchen. "I'll be in the kitchen."

Natsumi put Kou down, near Tsuna, and kissed him on his cheek before leaving. "Be good to Tsu-kun, okay? Mama will be in the kitchen, with Auntie Nana, if you need her, Daddy will be here with Uncle Iemitsu. Bye Kou-chan~"

As Natsumi had stated both fathers were there, but they were caught up with their old stories that they barely paid any attention to the children before them. Kou turned his gaze to the gravity defying brunette across from him, he was startled when he was met with honey brown eyes. Managing a smile, Kou put out his hand only to draw it away. Instead he pounced on Tsuna and gurgled. "TUNA!"

"Hieep!" Tsuna toppled over with the extra weight, hitting the ground pretty hard. Tears sprung into the honey colored eyes, and his lips quivered. "Hwa-"

Kou noticing this, clambered off of Tsuna and reached for an orange colored block. He placed it in front of Tsuna's face to catch his attention, successfully cutting off the wail. With his new found attention, Kou reached for another block. Red this time, and placed it on top of the orange one. Tsuna, by this time, sat upright and looked on with intrest. Kou grabbed a few more blocks, fixing the two previous ones to be upright and moving the red to Tsuna's right. He then proceeded to place a blue one on his left, a yellow one next to the red, a green one was placed in front of the red. Sideways and on Tsuna's side. He placed two dark brown blocks together a ways off from the yellow. On the opposite side he placed a purple block, away from the group. Kou's chest swelled with pride, as he added additional blocks to the pile. A red on its side, and grouped together with the green block at the front. A pink one slightly behind the first red block. A blue block slightly behind the orange, accompanied by another orange. A brown block stood up with the two sideway ones at the front. At the back, Kou placed a circle of the rainbow with a brown block. A blue, yellow, red, purple, and green block accompanied the orange block behind the first one. Another orange block was placed on the other side, in between the yellow and the couple of brown blocks. Kou managed to find smaller colourful blocks. Tsuna was rapt with attention as to how Kou placed the blocks on the floor, currently, Kou placed a red, green, two blues, purple, and brown at the foot of the lone orange block. A yellow was placed on top of the very first block that started this. Kou grinned, a few teeth were sprouting from his naked gums. He clapped happily and spread out his arms as he gestured to the set of blocks in front of him. "FAMI!"

Tsuna stared hard at the assembled blocks, then back at the other brunette. His gaze travelled to a remaining brown block behind Kou. He got up and waddled, managing not to trip on the floor, he picked up the lonesome block and brought it to his side. The gravity defying brunette placed the block a little ways in front of the blue one. Gurgling he pointed at the block then at the other baby. "Koo!"

Said baby's eyes were pricked with tears, a smile on his lips. He crawled over to Tsuna, and hugged him. "Tuu~na!"

By this time, Mikoto's gaze had wandered off to the children. A grin spread across his face when he found his son hugging Iemitsu's. He spoke to his friend, excitement evident in his voice and face. "Quick Iemitsu! Do you have a camera?"

"You're in luck, Nana always keeps one in the living room. Just in case our cute little Tunafish does something adorable!" Iemitsu laughed when he followed his friend's gaze. He handed Mikoto the camera.

"Perfect!" Said man took the camera and snuck up on the two unsuspecting babes. He brought himself to one knee and took a few snapshots. He then snuck away and sat back in his spot. Satisfied with his job well done. "Now that's a keeper!"

Natsumi appeared from the kitchen. "Dinners ready!"

Both fathers got up and each picked up their son, making their way into the dining room. The smell of curry wafted in the air, watering the mouths of both fathers. Tsuna was put into his orange high chair while Kou was somehow placed on a chair, stacked up with books so he could pick at his food. The parents conversed over dinner. The men laughing at many things, while both mothers fed their sons; talking about the sales the shopping district was having in a few weeks.

An hour later after tea, it was time for the Kage family to leave. Mikoto shook Iemitsu's hand. "It was nice to get together."

"You're welcome anytime, and Kou as well!" Iemitsu laughed heartily, ruffling the said baby's hair. Kou gurgled in response, his half lidded eyes fluttered with the weight of sleep. Nana giggled, and pecked his cheek.

"Both Tsunayoshi and Kou will be best of friends!" Natsumi replied happily, shifting her son so that his head rested on the crook of her neck.

"Yup!" Nana agreed. Tsuna who had already given to sleep, was tucked away in his crib upstairs. "Come back anytime!"

"We will." Mikoto replied. With final farewells, they left for their house. Kou had a small smile on his face all the way home. Satisfied with the idea of a new playmate.