A Mesh of Dreams and Reality Part 2

Reborn's growing unease was unworthy of his title as the World's Greatest Hitman, but the same unease had saved his life so many times in his past encounters.

Encounters that have nearly taken his life, he reminded himself.

Thinking back to the way they were greeted by the Famiglia, all jittery with their swimming eyes, Reborn's unease only grew. He didn't think their target would be him... Then out of the blue, Tsuna's smiling face popped into his head, making him freeze.

With Tsuna gone alone to meet with Don of the Famiglia.... Reborn cursed, gaining the attention of Tsuna's Guardians, minus Lambo. "Listen up, all of you, consider this as enemy territory, and if anyone comes up to you with the least bit of hostile attention, fight back and regroup somewhere outside of this place!"

With that, Reborn went off to find Tsuna, uncharacteristically hoping to someone out there that he was safe and sound.

-o-

Kou gave a stretch as he came out into the terminal in Palermo. "Finally! I thought I'd be sleeping forever!"

Looking around, he spotted the exit and headed straight for it. He'd have to gain his information elsewhere, because if he contacted anyone close to Zalph, he'd be screwed.

He spotted a businessman, that looked to be well versed in the politics going around. It was a 50/50 chance that he'd hit home with the news he was looking for. "Excuse me,"

The man looked up, not pleased that he was bothered by some no-name off the street. "What do you want kid? I'm busy!"

"I know you are, I just want to ask you for a bit of your time in regards to the current News and Events going on right now," Kou didn't stop as he reached into his jacket and brought out a clipboard with some random student ID attached, not missing the eased tension that the man had displayed. "see I've travelled all the way from Reggio in order to catch the news here, so it'd be a ton a helpful if you helped me with my paper."

The man looked down at the shown ID and nearly spluttered. "You're from the high esteemed University there?!"

Kou raised a brow. Was it always in high regards? He didn't have to prompt the man any further as he had already begun telling the whole of the Current Events happening round and about of the whole of Palermo. He nearly fell asleep standing when the man breached the topic of two well known companies. "I hear that they are having a meeting today, about their politics concerning the new generation from one of them."

"A new generation?" Kou questioned, half itching to shake the man to spill everything concerning them.

The man nodded. "From what I hear, the new heir to the company is a born prodigy, fluent in eleven different languages..."

For a second, Kou's mind blanked. There was no way that Tsuna, that small wimpy brother of his, in all but blood, had eleven languages under his belt.... he cleared his throat. "Can you tell me more about this meeting? And possibly where it's being held?"

The man looked at him weirdly, before responding. "You sure you want to get yourself caught up on their affairs, kid? There are rumours saying that they're a crime syndicate and all."

Kou gave the man a grin. "Haven't you heard of an eager journalist before?"

With a bit more bantering and pestering the man gave in, giving the necessary information to the anticipating brunette. Thanking the man, Kou began walking steadfastly to the indicated direction. He could feel the grin growing on his face. "Here I come!"

-o-

It was utter chaos.

Reborn had left, and came back empty-handed, to find that the whole manor was in chaos. He had no time to gloat in his favourite terminology as he hastened through the near war-zone, navigating to see if he could find the rest of the Guardians.