Age 11 Determination Part 1

Kou had awoken to a distant yelling this time, groaning with the numb stiffness his body seemed to have gone into when he had passed out in the alleyway. It wasn't his first time to awaken in the damp alleyway, but the previous times all seemed dream-like. Way too hazy to actually comprehend on what was going on.

The faint yelling brought him back to the present, it sounded like someone was searching for someone. It was too far to actually tell if they were yelling for someone or yelling at something. He could always try to go see what was going on, but his caution held him back.

What if those men were still out there?

What if they were waiting for him to appear again?

He couldn't risk it.

Couldn't risk taking a step out of his newly found haven.

But the house matter would go unsolved, and the police would soon sell the estate with everything that belonged to his dad, and mom, and himself. That just wouldn't be fair. It was his right to keep the house with its belongings. He could pay for all the damages done in the raid, but he wouldn't let his house go without a fight.

With the new determination he found, Kou got up and staggered out of the alleyway. Shielding his eyes from the bright contrast the afternoon Sun had given off. Mumbling, Kou slowly made his way back home. Watching each and every single detail with accurate precision.

A lady flipping a page of her light novel.

A yen accidentally dropped onto the ground, without the man noticing it.

A child discreetly picking at his nose, behind his mother's back.

The rustle of leaves on a bush, not to far away from his standpoint.

A squirrel poking it's head out of its hollow nest.

The rustle of the grass when a bird swooped over it, landing a few feet away from its area of decline.

All of these details seemed to be much clearer than the blue sky itself. But the brunette payed no mind to the fact, as he kept on his path whilst looking over the whole scenery as if he were a tourist. In fact, the poor boy was way too absorbed in his sight-seeing moment, that he didn't hear the shouts become louder and louder. Or the fact that someone was running towards him, in his direction.

He wasn't aware of it until a pair of strong hands had clamped onto his shoulders, and spun him around.

The brunette was met with a pair of honey brown eyes, filled with relief singed with grief. It took him awhile to find his voice. "U-uncle Ie-Iemitsu...?"

Iemitsu smiled, his shoulders relaxing. "Yes Kou, it's me. I'm just glad you're safe."

Said man brought the brunette closer, embracing him tightly. Murmuring words of consolement to the shell shocked teen. "Everything is going to be alright, nothing is going to happen to you. You won't need to fear anything anymore."

Kou, snapped out of his daze and embraced the older man as tight as his small arms could; burying his face in Iemitsu's expensive suit. Erupting into broken sobs again. The blonde man rubbed the younger male's back soothingly, not caring if his suit got ruined. He can always replace it later.

The sobs had quieted down into whimpers, and soon had stopped altogether. Kou had mumbled a semi-coherent sentence before sleeping into sleep. "I'm glad you're here Uncle Iemitsu... really glad..."

The man smiled, patting the boy lightly on his back. "So am I."

His hand brushed against the boy's skin, alerting the blonde. Quickly, he brushed the brown bangs away and placed the back of his hand on Kou's forehead. As he feared, the boy was building up quite the fever. Without another thought, Iemitsu carried the boy, bridal style, and went to search for the hospital.

He couldn't lose him, like he did with Mikoto and Natsumi.

The news only came to him just a while after he had set off to Japan.

That the bodies, that the deployed search team in Namimori, Japan had found, were indeed of the two missing parent of the small brunette. They couldn't be identified right away due to multiple gunshots, bruising, stabbing, and a dunk in the river. Iemitsu grimaced.

Sometimes the Mafia was just too cruel.

He could only hope that a change would come out of this merciless slaughter that they lived in.

He could only hope.