Age 11 Reconciliation Part 1

Kou woke up, and found himself staring blearily at a white ceiling. Dully noting that he was lying on something uncomfortable, as well as something else was underneath his head and on top of his body. A few seconds had passed when a migraine entered his head. Groaning he propped himself up on his elbows, only to fall once more, on what he made out as the couch, with a grunt. Kou covered his eyes with the crook of his elbow, slowly finding that a huge headache was forming from the migraine he had earlier. "Great...."

Soft footsteps patted against the floor, coming towards his general area. A melodic voice followed after a while, concern tinged it with a slight worry. "Kou?"

Said boy shifted his arm to his forehead, looking at the gravity defying haired brunette's chocolate eyes. The same worry was etched on his still cherubic face. It just seemed that the baby fat would never go away.....

Kou managed a smile. "Hey there, Tuna."

Tsuna pouted, but it was replaced with extreme concern. Ryohei would've been proud. "How are you faring Kou? Are you alright? Any abnormalities? Injuries? Headaches? Pain?"

"I'm fine Tuna, just a slight headache that an Advil can't cure." Kou chuckled. Tsuna was a true mother hen, and it seemed to fit him quite well.

The gravity defying haired brunette sighed with relief, but his face grew strained. He held Kou's gaze and asked tentatively. "What do you remember?"

"What I remember?" Kou echoed thoughtfully, thinking back on what happened, sitting up with Tsuna's aid. The headache intestified and made him wince. The day came back to him, streaming in like a flood that had just broken its barrier. He grew quiet, and slumped. He was brought out of his miserable daze when he felt Tsuna's hand on his own quivering clenched hand. Looking up into Tsuna's eyes, he let out a sigh. Managing a semi-forced smile, he opened his mouth to assure the overly concerned brunette.

But was interrupted by the said pre-teen. "Don't. Don't you dare say you're fine, because you're obviously not."

Green eyes widened, showing his surprise quite clearly. Tsuna continued, his stuttering coming back; full force. "I-It's j-j-just.... y-you-you've.... b-b-been.... a-a-al-always.... a-and... uh.... erm... I-I... w-want t-t-to h-h-help y-y-you.... t-t-t-too!"

A silence drew out and the gravity defying haired brunette grew flustered by the second, before it was broken by a sweet laugh. Tsuna looked up at Kou, his eyes wide with nervousness. The laughing ceased, and Kou looked at Tsuna. A smile stretched on his face, with his eyes bright. "Okay then Tuna! We'll look after each other, back to back!"

"Mn!" The gravity defying haired brunette nodded eagerly. He smiled, his chocolate brown eyes shining. "Promise you won't blunder into anything reckless."

Kou looked questioningly at his friend. "What brought that up?"

Tsuna shook his head slightly, a soft smile. "Just a feeling...."

"A feeling huh?" Kou said thoughtfully, before replying. "Alright, I promise."

Tsuna's face brightened, a thoughtful expression on his face. "Ne, Kou, what did the police say about your house?"

Kou froze, then looked out at the porch. The sky was dark, a thin silverlight was the only evidence of the long gone sunset. His eyes travelled to the clock, it read five minutes before tweleve. He leaned back closing his eyes, and letting a sigh out. A few minutes passed and Kou opened his eyes once more. "Tsuna, can I use your phone?"

"Sure thing. I'll go and get it." Said teen replied as he left the room. Kou concentrated on his thoughts as he waited. It should be the next day in Italy, which would give him time to persuade -

Just who was he going to persuade?

"Guh! When I want to do something I hit a wall!" He ruffled his hair in frusteration, before freezing once more. Kou let out a breath, nearly doubling himself. "I just forgot that I don't even know any of their phone numbers...."

"Kou, I brought the phone over." Tsuna called as he entered the room again. Kou smiled at the said teen, thanking him as he took the phone from him. Tsuna looked at him curiously. "Who are you going to call?"

"Ehe~ not sure..... but I do know their company." Kou evaded the question. "But it seems that I forgot that I don't have their phone number...."

"You could search online." Tsuna suggested. Kou looked thoughtful for a second, then smiled.

"That's a good idea, Tuna!" He patted the said boy on his head. "Do you have a computer on you?"

"I think I do, wait here." Tsuna went off, ignoring the nickname. When he was gone, Kou got up. Stumbling quite a bit, he stretched his aching muscles. Popping his tired bones. It wasn't long until Tsuna came back. "I brought my laptop - w-what are you d-d-doing!"

Kou turned around. "Oh you're here."

"A-are you well enough to stand?!" Tsuna rushed over, inspecting his friend over. Twice.

Kou merely laughed it off. "It's alright, Tuna. I'm perfectly fine."

"If you say so...." Tsuna looked unconvinced. He sighed as he shook his head, handing over his orange laptop. "Anyways, here is my laptop. Give it back once you finish up."

"Thanks!" Kou smiled as he took the laptop. Silence occupied the room, as Kou searched the internet and in short: it was frustrating. He searched the word mafia, but useless documents appeared. The same results appeared when searching related words. Halfway through his useless searching, Tsuna had gone to get refreshments. After a few moments of banging his head on the table, Kou decided to follow. He entered the kitchen. "I'm in...."

"Did you find what you were looking for?" Tsuna questioned. Kou merely shook his head as he sat himself across the table, from where Tsuna sat. The said brunette didn't answer.

"Ah, Kou-kun did you finally wake up?" Nana asked as she prepared the snack dish.

Said boy nodded in acknowledgement. "Yes, I'm fine now. Thank you for taking care of me, maman."

Nana nodded happily, continuing her cooking. Kou just slumped on his seat. "I've tried everything, but I can't seem to get the information that I want."

"Have you used other resources?" Tsuna suggested, tilting his head cutely.

Kou looked up, his face in full concentration. A faint idea was on the skirmish of his brain's territory. "Well I could try...."

Turning to Nana he blurted his question. "Maman, how do you contact Uncle Iemitsu?"

"Ara? Well....." Nana looked thoughtful, tapping her chin with the wooden spoon. "He did say that in case of emergencies, punch in the house number backwards. But it has been so peaceful here that I don't even have to use it."

Kou nodded absentmindedly. Thinking about arranging the numbers with the alphabet. "Hey Tsuna, could I have a piece of paper and pencil?"

"Sure, I brought your school bag from school." The said teen pushed the bag towards his friend. Silently watching at what he was about to do, only seeing the alphabet all lined up in a row with it's indicating number underneath it. Kou began to re-number the double digits, and repeated it once more with the second set. He then wrote down Tsuna's phone number on the side. The said teen let curiosity take over. "What are you doing?"

"Hmm? I'm decoding your phone number..." Kou replied absentmindedly, absorbed in his work. A minute later, he was finished. Looking it over, he deadpanned. "You're not serious..."

"Did you find something?" Tsuna asked curiously. Craning his neck to try to see what Kou had come up with. Almost immediately, the latter flipped the paper over. Concealing what he had written. A pout formed on the formers face.

"Somewhat... Anyways, thanks for taking care of me, I'm heading home." Kou smiled at the gravity defying haired brunette, before getting up and gave his farewell to Nana. Tsuna watched as the former brunette took his bag and headed out with a last wave directed at him. He grimly stared at the spot where Kou had been in earlier. He knew that his childhood friend was protecting him in a way, but it felt like he was keeping something important from him. He lowered his head, so that his bangs shadowed his eyes. Subconsciously clenching his hands into fists, before releasing them.

Giving a sigh, he put his head down. He was sure that Kou would tell him. In all due time. But the question now would be: will it be too late?

Tsuna sat up, letting out another huge sigh. This time catching Nana's attention. "Are you sleepy, Tsu-kun? Maybe you should rest up a bit after I finish dinner."

"H-hai!" The said brunette agreed. Getting up from his seat. "I'll help out with dinner too!"

For now he would leave Kou be. Pestering him could come later.