Age 12 Conflictions Arise Part 3

Kou gave a stir, his brows furrowing in the wash of all the senses flooding him at the same time, resulting in him grumbling. "Ugh... I feel like I've been knocked out by a bus..."

"Kou! You're awake!"

Despite his urge to cover his ears and hide under the scratchy blanket, the said brunette opened his eyes, allowing his eyes to adjust to the brightness. Slowly, everything started to re-focus from the fuzzy blobs of various shapes into more distinct objects. Tsuna's face soon became much clearer with clarity, as he looked on with hopeful eyes. Kou blinked a few times before he could process what was going on. "Tsuna? What are you doing here?"

"Do you remember what happened yesterday?" Tsuna asked, concern evident on his features.

"Yesterday...?" Kou murmured, using his feeble strength in order to sit up with the help of Tsuna, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration. A dull pang resulted in him flinching slightly, but he persevered, making his memory block break. The rush of events flooded his mind, ending with him cringing. "I.... don't know what to say..."

"Is that supposed to reassure me or indicate that you've forgotten?" Tsuna deadpanned.

"Now that hit hard, Tsuna," Kou sniffed, turning his head away childishly. A moment later he relaxed back into the hospital bed, looking somber. "well, you don't have to worry I can perfectly recall everything, after all it isn't my first time in trying to recall something."

Tsuna didn't buy the cheeky look Kou was using as a front, despite the truth he told. But he didn't press further, instead, he switched to a different topic. "I met with your tutor,"

Kou was silent, not bothering to intervene. Tsuna continued. "He... he told me some things..."

Kou looked at the smaller boy, analyzing the brunette before him. "Like?"

Tsuna hesitated but went on with the topic. It would have to surface sometime sooner or later. "Like who it was who... you know... took away your family,"

"That bastard!" Kou snarled, startling Tsuna. He then closed his eyes, letting his memories resurface. It was difficult, bringing up old scars, scars that constantly reminded him that he couldn't live that normal life, second or not.

Silence reigned in the room, with Tsuna looking apprehensive as Kou continued to lay still. The courteous part of his mind told him to let him be, but his intuition told him to stay. Finally, after a few more moments of quietly debating with himself, Kou spoke up, breaking Tsuna out of his inner thoughts. "The day I got raided, it gave off an unpleasant feeling,"

Tsuna perked up at the new information, silently waiting for the older brunette go on with his tale. "It also didn't feel right, with all the noise they were making, you would have thought that the neighbours would have noticed the unnatural sounds."

A bittersweet smile curled on the older brunette's face as he opened his eyes. "I still can't fathom why they would come back to raid my house after all the damage they have caused."

He then gave a sigh, allowing his posture to slump in defeat. "I don't know how Zalph came to know of that fact, but it's hard to just tell anyone,"

Tsuna hesitated, but asked anyway. He wanted to hear it from Kou himself, he wanted to make sure of it with his own ears. "Do you hate the Mafia, Kou?"

The said brunette looked straight into the younger' eyes. "Do you hate them, Tsuna?"

Tsuna grit his teeth, frustrated with how Kou easily evaded the question. "Why? Why are you so calm about this?! Doesn't it kill you that it's because of the damn Mafia that you're like this!"