Age 12 A Most Enjoyable Evening

"Well?" Kou pressed. The silence he was getting from the group in front of his door was starting to get irritating.

Zalph was the first to break out of his stunned silence. Making his way over to the brunette. "Kou! It's good to see you again! Did you eat well? Sleep well? Ah, you didn't get into much trouble after I left, right?"

Kou did nothing as the man hugged him, looking him over for anything suspicious. Instead he didn't speak until Zalph had let him go. "I see you're fine and well,"

He gave a sigh, giving the other a slight smile. "And welcome back,"

He then turned towards the President, an eyebrow raised. "And you are here, because?"

She fumed, her face flushing a healthy shade of red. "I came here because you didn't show up at school! But I can see that you're as healthy as ever,"

"Oh yeah, forgot to call in sick," Kou nodded at the thought, then shrugged. "well, that's that, so why don't you come in and make yourself comfortable, I'm sure I have something in the fridge that is doable."

He then made his way over towards his door and unlocked it. Heading inside, he took a deep breath before letting it out. "Nothing can ever beat home sweet home..."

"Where did you go off to anyway, skipper?" The brunette turned his face to look at the President, Kojika Takamura, he reminded himself.

"Well, Takamura-san, I had some business to attend to, so it was necessary for me to skip school," He shrugged, heading towards the kitchen and looking inside the fridge. Leftover salad, tofu, some juice, and a few veggies that were yet to take a turn for bad...

"Business? You conduct business?" Kou gave a non-existent sigh.

"I use the term loosely, Takamura-san," He then proceeded to take things out of the fridge, and immediately started cooking the tofu. "after all, I am not a businessman, that'd just be sad."

He continued, talking over the cooking veggies he had on the hot pan. "Besides, it was a business between childhood friends, nothing special."

"That doesn't explain why there is some random man at your door today!" Kojika complained, and Kou figured she was accusing Zalph.

"Zalph is a friend of my dad's," Kou explained, not bothering to look back. "he said so when I went to meet with him."

"And if he was lying?"

Kou paused his cooking for a minute then continued, adding the tofu. "I'm not so dumb to allow strangers, without a background check, to enter my home at free will, Takamura-san,"

Soon the makeshift dinner was done and Kou had immediately set the table and placed the food down. "Now come and eat, I'm sure everyone's still hungry."

There was no complaint, or retort, when everyone sat around the table. Zalph spoke up. "I never knew you could cook, Kou,"

"I don't, this is something from the top of my head," Kou answered, his eyes cast down. He didn't cook in this life at all, but he had experience in his past one.

Dinner was quiet, with the exception of a few short conversations. And soon everyone was done.

Kojika got up and took out some papers from her bag. "This is all the work you've missed in class,"

Kou took it, scanning them. "We're in the same class, Takamura-san?"

He was answered with bonk on his head. "Ow~"

"If you paid more attention, you would have noticed!" She replied hotheadedly.

"Okay, okay, no need to hit me so hard~" The brunette muttered, nursing his head. He heaved a sigh, straightening up. "I guess I should walk you home now,"

He stopped any incoming interruptions. "It clears my head, so it's a win-win situation."

Without further complaints, both Kou and Kojika left, leaving Zalph and Cuzco to make themselves at home.

There wasn't much talk between the two teens, as they neared the President's house. Not until it was within sight, did Kou break the silence between them. "So you must have gotten a boyfriend,"

"What?!" Kojika snapped her head towards her companion, face flushed and eyes wide.

"So you do have one," Kou nodded to himself. "congrats, Takamura-san,"

"I didn't even confirm it!" She complained accusingly. "How would you even know if I had one?!"

"Oh, that's simple really," Kou nodded again, preparing to list a whole bunch of points. "you're more composed than before, you hardly yelled at me today, I can see that you placed make-up on your face, and your attractiveness, as a whole, has gone up a bit more,"

He paused and frowned. "Though I hear the last one will be more evident when you do it..."

A very flushed Kojika could hardly utter a word, mainly due to the fact that she was hardly able to suppress the embarrassment exuding from her. Kou grinned as he didn't waste any time in swiping out his phone and snapping a couple of pictures for his use.

"Hey! What was that for?!" Kojika exclaimed, still red.

Kou shrugged. "My hobby,"

He stopped in front of the other's house and gestured towards it. "Well here we are, I guess I'll see you tomorrow then, Takamura-san,"

They both parted ways, Kojika a bit more hesitant, and Kou made his way back home. Just wait until he sent the photo to Shamal. Then their fate would be sealed.

He gave a laugh. "I didn't know that matchmaking was this fun, haha!"

He was then reminded of a distant memory where he would make fun of Tsuna for liking a girl in their class... "Mm, I wonder what her name was..."

Shrugging, he cleared his head and headed straight home. He had a lot of talking to do with Zalph.

And the pestering. A lot of it.

-o-

Takeshi laid in his bed, his hands cushioning his head, as he stared up at the ceiling of his bedroom. Just how was he going to know who bullied Kou.

He couldn't aim around wildly. Nothing would come out of that.

Giving a small sigh, he turned over in his bed and closed his eyes. He'll just have to ask him when he visits Namimori again.