Age 11 with Tragedies and Unending Sorrow Part 2

Whatever light that was left in Kou's eyes, was gone. He bowed his head so that about half his face was shadowed. Tsuna gasped, before turning to Kou, looking him over. Hibari, hearing the news, grew still.

After a moment of silence, Kou got up, his face still shadowed, and turned to leave. Tsuna grabbed hold of him, in an embrace, before the said boy could run off. Kou began to tremble, before hitting the ground bringing Tsuna down with him. "Keh! uuugh!"

Everyone kept their silence and let the weeping boy have his room, Tsuna gently rocked his friend humming quietly. Kou wailed, muffling his cries in Tsuna's newly wet uniform. Close to an hour later, the cries went down, ending with sniffes and hiccups. Kou straightened himself up, pushing off of Tsuna. Rubbing his poofy red eyes, he spoke up, clearly in the after effects of his weeping. "S-s-sorry, I.... just..... don't know what to say...."

One of the policemen bent down and put a hand on Kou's shoulder. "It's alright, you have a right to feel this way. Nobody can hold'em forever."

Kou merely nodded. The policeman got up to sit with his colleage. "If you won't mind, will you listen?"

The sullen boy looked at them, his green eyes still dull. "It's about the house. Isn't it?"

Both men nodded simultainiously. Hibari had unconsciously tensed up, and Tsuna could only wonder why the atmosphere was so thick. Kou stood up, a bit unsteady but managed. "Let's discuss this outside... before anything bad happens."

"I'm coming with you!" Tsuna stood up, his eyes held concern.

Kou shook his head. "No you should stay here Tsuna, you really aren't made out for this stuff."

The said boy puffed up his cheeks, making him look all pouty. "I am too!"

Kou laughed, heartily. Smiling at his friend, with unending love for him. He turned so he could face Tsuna properly, his smile not wavering. "Sure you will, but it won't start until two years. So be a friend and stay here, I won't be long."

The fluffy haired brunette looked warily at him, doubt reflecting in his eyes for a second before disappearing. "Promise?"

"Promise." Kou smiled, brightly for the first time. His eyes flickered over to the still slightly tensed skylark. "Be nice to him."

He then left to go after the two policemen, leaving the two seventh graders behind. Tsuna glanced at the raven haired skylark who glared at him. Paling, Tsuna cried his silent tears whimpering. "Come back soon, Kou..."

Out in the hall, the policemen and the eleven year old brunette had a stare down. It was after about an hour, that Kou broke the silence. "The house is not going to to be sold off."

"You are underage." The taller one gave a simple reason, staring down on him.

Kou repeated. "You can't sell it."

"Kid, your underage, and that's that. You can't live in the house without a Guardian present." He bent down on one knee, leveling his sight with the grade schooler.

"What if I find one." Kou challenged. A glint in his eye.

The man raised a brow. "And how are you going to do that?"

"Just give me three days, and I will present you the documents at sunset." Kou replied.

"And if you can't?" The other replied.

"I'll find somewhere else to live, after I take my valuables." Kou replied swiftly.

Another silence stretched out, with a stare down between the two groups. A heartbeat later the kneeled policeman got up, sighing. "You've got three days kid. After that, we want you out of the house."

Both of them walked away, leaving Kou alone. Once gone, the brunette boy slid down, trembling. Gathering himself in a fetal position, he stayed like that for a few seconds before getting up shakily and headed for the Disciplinary Room. "Come on Kou, you can keep yourself together. There's no point if you can't do it...."

It felt like years before he opened the door, and seemingly he was met with the butt-end of a tonfa. Before passing out he heard his name being shouted out. "Kou!"

Tsuna ran over to the said boy's side, checking him over if he had sustained any injuries. Only relieved when he had found none, other than the one Hibari had given him. "I'm glad...."

"Hn." Hibari turned around and stalked back to his desk. He had a lot of paperwork ahead on him, and it wasn't helping him that a petite herbivore was worrying over the unconscious herbivore. Still, under the passive faced Skylark, he was relieved that he was fine. Even he couldn't fully wrap himself around a loss of a loved one. Experiencing it first hand would have a greater psychological effect on the remaining people. One of his distant uncles died off with a disease, and the grief didn't reach far in the family since he kept himself away from everyone's contact. Not even close to losing a parent.

While in his thoughts, Tsuna had left the Disciplinary Room struggling with Kou on his shoulder. The brunette was in slight shock that he had heard that Kou's parents passed away. He just didn't anticipate it. Kou's parents would never leave him alone. They always had a smile on their face, and they both loved their son. But something like this.... and so soon....

Kou was there with him always, every step of the way. A determination shined in his chocolate brown eyes. He would be there to back Kou up as well, he wouldn't let his friend suffer all alone. 

Tsuna trudged on, heading home was the first step in helping his friend. He'll ask kaa-san if Kou could stay over that night.