Age 12 Predicaments Part 2

The Sun hadn't reached the horizon yet when Kou had arrived home, tired and ready to topple over at any given moment. He did just that after he closed the door to his flat and made some agonizing steps towards the sofa. He was about to drift off when his phone rang, thus making him groan as he peeled himself off the sofa to get up and walk over to the phone. Kou leaned against the wall, as he picked up the receiver. "Yellow, please call again, I'm very tired as of right now,"

"Kou," The said brunette perked at the familiar voice on the other end.

"Tsunayoshi," He reciprocated, reminding himself that he needed to be stern around his childhood friend. "what made you call at this time of day?"

The silence on the other end of the receiver was starting to make Kou believe that Tsuna had hung up, but a drawn out sigh made him pause in hanging up. "I need to talk to you, Kou,"

"That's what the phone is for," He pointed out.

"No, not on the phone, in person," Kou raised a brow at the serious tone he was hearing. Lately he was being filled with a lot of surprises, but when everything was messed up from the beginning there really was no exception to the surprises.

He gave a sigh. "Fine, where do you want to meet up, Tsunayoshi?"

"Tomorrow at lunch, Namimori Middle,"

"And where exactly? I'm not a mind reader to where you are going to be, you realize that?" Kou pointed out, raising a brow.

"We eat on the roof, the left one, but I'll wait for you at the front gates when lunch starts," Tsuna stated.

Kou nodded, drawing in a sharp breath. "Alright then, I'll meet you then, right now though I'd like to catch on some sleep, stalking is a tough job."

"You were what?" Kou had to smile at the exclamation he had heard in the brunette's voice. It was funny enough for him to keep it as self entertainment, though that secret wasn't going to come out anytime soon.

"Oh it's nothing, don't beat your head over it," Kou brushed the matter off. "so I'll see you tomorrow then, bye!"

He hung up and dragged his body mass over to his room. He changed, making sure to get rid of the make up he still had on him before diving headfirst into his bed. It didn't take long for him to drift off into sleep.

His chest was burning, he couldn't open his eyes, and to top it all off, he couldn't hear any recognizable sounds. It was terrifying, the low key ping that continued to reverberate around him. If only he wasn't stuck in this child-like body! He tried getting up, nearly summersaulting, and that's when his head started pounding, making him collapse the second time.

Kou fell out of his bed with a sharp gasp, laying down on the floor, tangled in his bedsheets. He brought up a hand onto his warm forehead and found that he had sweat coating his whole forehead. "The hell?"

The knock from the front snapped him out of his slight confusion, making him roll out of his tangled bedsheets with a heave in order to go and answer the door. He made sure to wipe the sweat off with his shirt before answering the door. Of course it was Shamal, making Kou grin. "So how was the date?"

"Must you always ask about my personal relations?" The Doctor growled.

Kou gave a dramatic gasp, and on his chest. "Why the President is like a daughter to me! Giving her hand away breaks my heart!"

Shamal scoffed. "As if."

"You're right," The brunette laughed. "but that's what her father would say,"

"Yeesh, you make it sound like we're going to get married tomorrow," Shamal frowned, making his way over to the sofa and plopping down heavily. "and we only had one date!"

"Aye, capin', it's far too early to head for the sea!" Kou mustered up his best pirate mimicry, giving a mock salute. Shamal sighed, preferring not to even bother commenting on the brunette's weird ways.

Instead he changed the topic. "Why do you look like you half dragged your ass home in a sandstorm?"

For a split second, Shamal saw the boy freeze, but he regained his composure with a cheeky look. "It would be raining dogs and cats first before any sand touches Japanese land, don't you ever look at the news channel?"

Shamal rolled his eyes, and decided to let the topic fall, though he did make a mental note to pursue it another time. "Whatever, so why are you up so late? It's past midnight,"

For a while Kou was silent, soaking up the fact, before letting his features regain their cheekiness. "Oh? So why have you come so late? Having too much fun with your new gal?"

He wiggled his eyebrows, throughly enjoying the frustration he had Shamal in. In the end Shamal gave up, and ignored the younger male as he made his way to the bathroom. This caused Kou to burst out laughing. "Alright, see ya in the morning!"

He then headed for his room, in a much more elated mood, and promptly fell asleep. This time he had no more weird dreams nagging at him.