Greeting Guests Part 3

Kou knew that he had fallen for some sort of trap when he had gotten to the table where the Varia had sat. The said group weren't that secretive when all they had spouted were along the lines of him finally coming over. He then knew that his gut feeling that he had, about everything being planned, was true. There were extra chairs for a reason.

"Voi, the trash has finally arrived!"

"Ushishishi, the Prince doesn't think he has any grace,"

"Bel-sempai, you're spouting nonsense again,"

Further interaction of the previous duo went ignored as Kou's attention was taken by the Muay Thai user. "He's definitely as cute as the magazines turn him out to be~"

"Bah! He doesn't even hold a candle to Boss!"

Kou twitched. His green eyes swept over the whole crew and finally landed on the leader. Xanxus, being himself, ignored everyone and enjoyed his red wine. And the brunette questioned himself again on why he was even here at the moment when his answer blared right in his face by loud slam that the silver-haired male had created with just the palm of his hand. The action had elicited a brief question to the physics going around in the brunette's head, but it was swept away just as immediately. "VOI! Start introducing yourself, brat!"

Kou winced at the sheer volume the male had but ended up giving a sigh. "That's not how you ask for a name,"

"I don't care about that!" The man had all but yelled.

Giving another miserable sigh, Kou decided that he would get this over with. His intention right from the start before he had marched up the said table. He gave his most professional smile, the kind that he had used back at the Agency in order to get out of human contact that was far too persistent for his liking. "It's nice to meet all of you, my name is Kou Kage."

And as an addition, he added. "Tsunayoshi's childhood friend."

The chaos that had ensued, albeit a tad smaller than what Reborn could have pulled off, was- in a word -chaotic.

"VOOI! That brat had another Guardian?!"

"Oh, my! He's become even more enticing already~"

"Ushishishi,"

"Bel-sempai, that laugh of yours is just creepy,"

"Another obstacle that stands in Boss' way! There is no way I'm letting you get in his way!"

A headache was already forming. Kou could feel it. What prevented it, and likely added to the stress of what was going to become a full-blown migraine later, was the fact that the leader of the Varia had finally acknowledged his presence. Sending his red gaze over his person. Evaluating.

Still, Kou mused, he didn't look like he was going to speak up anytime soon.

So he gave them an even tighter smile. "Last I checked, introductions weren't anything to be yelling over,"

His green eyes glinted for a bare minute. "Are you all still kindergarteners?"

That had successfully stopped them, though it didn't exactly shut them up calmly. By the looks of it, Kou had noticed that their anger and rage had been building up, sans the few who could reign in their anger properly.

It had been the guy who had an obsession with calling himself as a Prince, and had been dubbed as "Bel-sempai" (ironically it was the only name he had actually garnered out of the whole scenario), who spoke up while playing with an elegantly designed knife. "Ushishishi, this brat doesn't even know who he's talking to,"

Kou raised his brow. That line of thought was rather debatable in his opinion, and he still hasn't deemed it of any importance. He cleared his throat. "You still haven't introduced yourself, Bel-sempai."