A Mesh of Dreams and Reality Part 3

"Who are you!" Kou's stare on Tsuna's sleeping figure broke as he dragged it over to the man, a fidgeting man wearing his guilt on his shirt.

He raised an eyebrow, reminding himself that he couldn't break out of character right now, as he made his way to the center of the room slowly. "And here I thought I told ya that I'd come an pick up my fee, didn't I?"

He was stretching his luck, but it wouldn't hurt to prod his unknown grounds a bit.

The fidgety man narrowed his eyes. "I thought you said that you would wait until next week!"

Turns out they didn't have a nice face to face chat with each other, seeing as he fell for his appearance right away...

"Well I've changed my mind." Kou gave his best to make his face look conceited. "I personally came down here to pick-up my goods,"

"You can't just do whatever you want!" The man raged. "I can't procure one million in a second!"

That was a lot of money this druggie was making... Kou placed his hands in his pocket, moving closer to the man. "Ya know what I do with customers who can't cough up what I ask for?"

He brought out a small hand pistol, the right size for his pocket, and waved it about slowly so the man could catch the beauty with its eyes. The fear he could see, close up, was one that sent shivers of... excitement through him? "That's right, ya can kiss this planet goodbye,"

He let his gaze drop towards the shrunken Tsuna, and for the sake of his façade, he grabbed his hair and moved his head so he was able to see a good angle of his chin and neck. "Then I'll take him,"

"Y-You can't do that!" The man yelled.

Kou turned his face towards him again. "Oh? I doubt the Vongola will accept you after they look into this incident."

The man paled considerably, as Kou searched the small body for any belongings he might have. "Where are his ring and mitts?"

"T-They won't fetch any price!" The man tried to cover it up.

Kou gave a sigh, shaking his head. "When will you learn that you can't cross me with any small detail,"

Looking him dead straight in the man's fish-eyes, Kou sneered. "You better hand them over,"

For a moment the man just stood there, trembling, making Kou think he still had guts in him. But his courage had utterly crumbled as he reached into his suit pocket, producing the white mitts and the new Vongola Ring. Kou sneered. "I thought so."

He grabbed the items, stuffed them with Tsuna, grabbing the sack and left the building just like that.

His luck was certainly being tolerable with how far it stretched...

"It's the trespasser! Get him!"

"Well, fuck, didn't think that they would still be on my trail after all this time." Kou then began to run like a madman.

Calling Shamal now would be a good idea.

-o-

The room was so sullen with the heavy atmosphere, it was enough to choke a cactus that barely needed air or water to live on!

"So, let me get this straight, you lost the Decimo brat, and are now hating yourselves for it." Shamal drawled, attempting to break such a thick moody atmosphere.

The kids had all gone to bed, leaving Shamal to have some alone time, possibly ditch the base and head to a bar, but that idea was before everyone had come spilling in. He sighed at the grim looks. If Kou had been here he would have made some dry humourless comment, edging to inappropriate.

His phone rang, a sharpe slice through the atmosphere.

He looked at who the caller was, and his face contorted into distaste.

The devil himself.

"What do you want now, brat?" Shamal asked, his exasperation catching a few of the grim attentions.

"What's this, Shamal? You haven't aged since I first met you at 12?!" Kou's gasp was so audible, that he may have been right next to him instead.

"We first met when you were a sassy tyke, damn brat," Shamal grumbled.

"So you think I'm sassy, do you?" Kou laughed out loud.

"Get to the point of why you called," Shamal growled, not in the mood to deal with the small chit chat.

"You woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning," Kou sniffed, but continued. "well, anyway, can you come pick me up?"

"From the airport?"

"I'd love to be there right now, but no, at the base where Tsuna had an errand to run, I really, really, need a lift right about now,"

It took Shamal a good five seconds to wrap his head around the fact, before he stood up from his seat abruptly. He didn't pay any mind to the attention he was garnering, as he was yelling over the phone. "You are where?!"

"My ears hurt~" Kou whined.

Shamal repeated again. "You are where!?"

"Like I said, I'm at the place where you said Tsuna was heading for an errand— Woah! That was a close one!" Shamal narrowed his eyes at the familiar discharge of a gun going off.

"Kou," Shamal stated seriously. "tell me your situation, without the sass."

"... I never knew you had it in you to be serious, Shamal,"

"Kou!"

"Alright, alright! I waltzed in a few hours ago, got out with my Christmas present, and am being hounded by security for trespassing, answers your question?" Kou huffed, the faint yells in the distance only proved of his situation. "Oh, I forgot to mention that I am currently running for my life, seeing as they are dead set in taking me down with their unlimited ammo..."

"You are one troublesome brat!" Shamal heaved a sigh. "I'll call you again when I'm near, so don't you dare die on me!"

"What's this? Already having—" Shamal ended the the call before he could hear another comment on parenting from him. He pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to grasp his calm again.

"Kou," Shamal looked towards the Sun Arcobaleno. "as in Kage, Kou?"

"For now, yes," Shamal sighed. "I have to get going."

Grabbing the car keys, Shamal headed out the door, all the while muttering under his breath.