The Consequences of Life Part 3

"I'm home," Kou sighed as he opened the door to Zalph's abode.

Immediately the said man came hurtling towards the teen. "Kou! Where the hell have you been!? Do you realize how worried I've gotten when you were gone to the Agency for an entire week!"

The tackled brunette averted his eyes. "Relax, it was so I could end up with no work for a while, it gets annoying if I keep waking up just to go to work."

"Then why didn't you come to me so I can work things out?" Zalph exclaimed, completely pained with the lack o trust he had with his student. "I'm your tutor, and current Guardian, you know!"

"Sorry, I thought I could get things done with my own hands," Kou apologized, not bothering in hiding his yawn.

"You're dead tired!" Zalph exclaimed in worry as he took the brunette by the hand, dragging him towards his room. "Go get some rest, and sleep in!"

"Sure, thanks," Kou managed to mumble out before dropping onto his bed, and let sleep overtake him.

Zalph stood be the bed, watching the constant rise and fall of the grown teen's back. The sudden growth spurt had surprised him for sure, but if what Mikoto had told him was true back then, it would make sense... his mouth turned downwards as he frowned. "He'll soon need to know his heritage, and the roots to his rights..."

"Y'know Zalph, all the men in my family have so many good looks, that on Valentine's Day we would end up pooling out chocolate to make a Ganache that lasted for a whole month!"

Zalph smiled wryly at the response Mikoto had given him when he had asked him how he kept his good looks unblemished.

He couldn't help it, since he had such haven of pimples on his face back then.

Though the answer didn't help as much as he thought it would...

Shaking his head, Zalph left the sleeping brunette alone, making his way out.

Tomorrow... tomorrow he'd get him enrolled in school, so his education didn't fall behind.

-o-

Tsuna twirled his pen, somewhat in thought, as he looked over the paper he was holding. Paperwork wasn't emerged when he was shrunk. Tsuna sighed. "As long as my hands are functional, I'd still have to sign these spawns of evil..."

He gave another thorough look over the contents, before scribbling his signature at the bottom in the cursive he had adopted after one of Reborn's many sessions on 'How to Write Like a Mafia Boss'. Once more, Tsuna sighed. "I swear he just creates these names for fun!"

Picking up another piece of the damned, Tsuna paused again. He let his memory take him elsewhere. He couldn't remember much about his childhood, even after the memory rush he had after saving Grandpa Teo from Xanxus' plot for his right to the throne. Tsuna shook his head, signing the paperwork he currently had in his hand after a thorough once over.

Lately he couldn't seem to stop his thoughts on Kou. That one fateful day that he had seen his childhood best friend on the floor outside of the school, beat up, didn't make any sense to him no matter how much he turned his perspective around. Placing his pen down onto the table, he gave another sigh. "It doesn't make any sense..."

Kou never allowed himself to get bullied.

Sure he did a lot things that could result in being a bullied victim, but he always had some sort of guard.