We are done...!

God I am screwed, I don't think that I can do this. People would have revised this whole set so many times and I was panicking like always.

Tomorrow is the most important exam of my life, my whole career depends on it and I think I am not well prepared. This is not my first entrance exam, my father made me give an engineering entrance test as well, according to him a backup plan is must and I don't blame him. It's good to have a contingency plan.

Have u ever felt that u have studied everything but u remember nothing?? I mean I did complete almost all of my syllabus but still I feel like I have got nothing done.

That is not all, I have this another nagging feeling; I think it is guilt, Veekay has been trying to talk to me but I have been brushing him off. I cannot deal with the feelings that I have for him and concentrate on my studies simultaneously. I know he cares for me and misses his best friend, he just wants to make sure that I am fine. He has this very bad habit of reading my face very well, i have been lying to him that it's just the pressure of exams and nothing else but I have a feeling that he knows better.

I was thinking all this when I heard someone opening the door to my room, it opened to reveal the devil himself Veekay. Think of the devil and the devil is here, I murmured under my breath.

He is the cutest devil anyone would have ever seen. I giggled internally.

But something was off about him he was not smiling, just standing near the door and staring at me with a serious look on his face, like he was trying to figure out what's wrong with me.

I should do something before he asks me some question that I won't be able to answer.

But before I could say anything he walked towards me and sat by my side, I could feel the tension in the air; what else would be expected from someone who is trying so hard to talk to u and u just ignore them and make all sorts of stupid reasons for not talking to them.

To lighten the mood I said, "What kohli is this some kind of new trend in the market to greet your friend by just staring at them and by not actually saying something; no hiee no hello? Lgta hai teri U-19 team me aise hi krte hai sb" I fake laughed saying this.

This was a very bad effort of lifting the mood and probably the worst timing to say something like this.

He chuckled and said," Atleast my team mates give me enough importance to actually talk to me and spend some time with me and yeah they also don't give me rubbish excuses"

I was not surprised' I had it coming but I had to defend myself otherwise he would come to know about the truth about why I was keeping my distance from him.

So I replied back "What rubbish excuses, I am trying to build a career for myself, sorry for not pampering the great Virat Kohli" I regretted saying these words, I know he would be hurt

I could see the pain in his eyes but soon that pain got transformed in to anger.

He said angrily " Miss Kanika Kapoor, I never told you to pamper me, I just wanted to spend some time with my best friend but I guess she has decided that it is better to be a bitch than a friend"

He called me by my full name, he has never done that, he always called me kanii or kk; but Kanika it seemed so detached.

You guys must be wondering that he called me bitch but I am hurt because he called me Kanika Kapoor instead of kanii. I know that he is angry that is why he called me a bitch but Kanika it seems like he said it to me so that he could hurt me same as I did a few seconds back. It seems he knows my weak points and what to say to hurt me the most.

He continued " If my friend kanii would have been here she would have bombarded me with questions like how was your match?? did we win??" mimicking me

"but u; u are something else, u didn't even remember, u didn't even wish me good luck before the match it was a very important match for me I was waiting for your call where were u ? and by the way we won" he was glaring at me angrily

"I was studying, I have been working my ass off as well for my exams and for your kind information I too have an examination tomorrow did u ask me about my preparation, you know how I always panic before the exam but instead of motivating me u are playing blame game" now I was also angry

He came forward and held me by my shoulder and looked dead straight in my eyes " kanii I am not trying to play any blame game, I came here to wish u good luck and sort out our problems and to tell you that I am leaving tomorrow with the team for my first international tournament in Australia, I was so happy it is a big chance for me to prove myself, I thought we would celebrate my success but you screwed everything up"

I released myself from his grasp " There is no problem Veekay , u think there is a problem because for the first time everything is not about u, ur cricket, ur practice ur, mistakes, ur tournament; everything is not about you. You are so selfish" I said trying to sound convincing but how could I convince him when I now the words that I said are not true, he is not selfish.

He became even more angry "Me selfish, haha yeah right, I know what is going on here, you are jealous of my achievements; that is what all this fiasco is about, all those stupid reasons about career and studies they are all a lie, the truth is you are jealous Miss Kanika Kapoor"

I was very angry at his comment now this is absolutely rubbish, I was seriously taken back by his comment about me being jealous of his achievements , I don't know what came over me I just couldn't control myself and I slapped him hard. I was so angry that there were tears in my eyes, tears of hurt, anger and guilt.

We stood there for some time, it felt like time had stopped like it happens with people who are in love or in movies but in our case it was for a totally different reason. We were looking at each other both equally angry, no one spoke any word there was so much tension in the atmosphere. After what felt like a long silence Veekay turned his back towards me

"I think we are done here kanika; all the best for your exam and your life" saying that he left.

I heard a thud sound of the door closing; I fell on my bed and cried my heart out; thinking about all the things that he said to me "we are done" but alas he will never know that it can never be over for me. I cried until my eyes and my mind could not take it anymore and sleep took over me.

Holaa guys!! This is the most difficult and the longest chapter that wrote till now.

Thanks for all your love. Keep voting and commenting

Xoxo.!!