Screwed up

RECAP: As I opened the door to the conference hall to say that I was shocked would be the understatement of the year.

There he stood with all his glory, the man who has haunted my dreams for so many years, the man whom I have missed so much all these years, the man that I loved with all my heart, the man who was my best friend - Veekay.

I was still standing near the door not knowing what to do, I was thinking of running away from there but before I could execute that plan of mine, he looked towards me and his smiling face turned from shocked to confused then to no emotions at all.

I always dreamt about meeting him someday but I could never think about what his reaction would be after meeting him, would he be happy, sad or angry. I always thought what if I had never left, if I was not so naïve we could have been friends forever,ofcourse he would never love me the way I love him but he would have been a part of my life.

As I was thinking all this neelima introduced me to veekay and the man standing with him,"This is Kanika Kapoor, my business partner and Kanika this Mr. Rahul sachdev and Mr. virat kohli"

I came forward and shook their hand, not meeting with veekay's constant gaze on me.

I said," lets get this meeting started"

Everyone was going towards their seats, neelima came to me and said "actually kanii there is one more thing, this is not a takeover but a collaboration, we always wanted to expand our business in the field of sports and this is the perfect opportunity and the best thing is that u can move back to delhi for this project I know how much u miss your home town and ur house it would be a good opportunity just listen to this proposal with open mind I know u will like it"

"U should have told me about it neelu and thanku for thinking so much about me I will try to be open about this proposal" I said. This girl always surprised me with the kind of love and care she has for me.

Then the meeting started.

veekay was continuously looking towards.

When the meeting ended we all had agreed with the proposal I didn't say much during the meeting but the whole idea was appealing I let neelima do all the talking and from their side Mr. sachdev was giving their views. Me and virat just kept nodding at several occasion, I was stealing glances of him but he was continuously observing me

After Every one left the conference hall leaving me alone in there,I was thinking about what just happened he didn't talk to me I expected him to yell at me or give some sort of reaction, when suddenly the door opened and veekay entered in.

He started walking towards me, thousands of thoughts crossed my mind as to what he was going to do, he stopped centimeters before me and leaned towards me and picked something up from the table, it was his phone. The realization hit me he was here for his phone not me. He turned around and was about to leave when I called him

"Veekay stop!"

He stopped dead on his tracks like he didn't expect me to call me. Truth be told I don't know from where I got the courage to stop him

He turned to face me and said, "My name is virat kohli; only my friends can call me veekay but ur not my friend" saying this he left.

While saying this, he looked straight in my eyes and his eyes had no emotion but one "hatred". At that moment itself I understood that he hates me more than I ever thought. A tear rolled down my eyes and I knew that I had screwed up big time and I had lost him forever.

Thanku guys for ur love ..Please do vote and comment if u like it because ur love gives me motivation to write. xoxo