Ugly truth-1

unedited

Life is funny isn't it ? Just when you think you have got it all figured out,just when you finally begin to plan something, get excited about something and feel like you know what direction you are heading in, the paths change, the signs change, the wind blows the other way, north is suddenly south , east is west and you are lost.

It's been two days since I reached back home, I haven't gone out of my house for two days. I just wanted to be alone, everybody thinks that I am still in Australia because that was the actual plan before everything turned so.. so complicated.

Thinking about that day still affects me the same, we had the time of our life that night but then the reality came crashing down.

The thing is I slept with a man whom I have loved for almost all of my life and I just got to know that he loved me back all this time with all his heart and soul. He confessed this to me at absolutely perfect time by saying all these perfect words. If there was any other girl she would have been so so happy to have a man like that.

But the problem is that there is this another amazing man who loves me a lot and has done so much for me and for that i will forever be in debt of him. I can't leave him, it will break him but I can never love him the way i love veekay. I have betrayed his love for me by sleeping with veekay now I can't face him.

So it's not so easy after all.

Nikhil keeps calling me, but I don't have that much strength to answer his calls , I still can't formulate what am I going to say to him.

Great I have started crying again.

*ding dong*

Oh God!! Who would be there on the door!!

Please don't be nikhil please don't be nikhil.
As if God would listen to me this time, I opened the door after making myself presentable and there was Nikhil standing with a bunch of red roses and a sorry card in his hand.

"Heyy" he said giving me the roses.

I replied with a "hii" and welcomed him in. I was still a little pissed at him but what i had done with him was much worse and i had betrayed his trust and i was feeling really bad for it.
There was a pit in my stomach. I had to tell him about what happened in Australia.

"Before you say anything, I want to say something, I know I was a jerk that day and I shouldn't have reacted the way i did. Please let me make it up to you and clear all the misunderstandings between us. Will you give me a chance, please come to dinner with me" he said looking at me with those pleading eyes.

I couldn't reply anything so the best thing I could come up was to nod at him.

He pumped his fist in the air and said a "yes" and then engulfed me in a very awkward hug. Then he left after sometime saying that he will pick me up in the evening.

*at around 7 in the evening*

I had decided that whatever happens I am going to tell him the truth about me and virat, I know it will break him but I can't lie to him, he has always been my support system and cared for me. So today i was going to tell him everything.

Nikhil came and picked me up, we went to a very deserted place,I mean it was far from all the hustle and bustle of the city. When we reached there, it was the most beautiful arrangement I have ever seen. There were candles everywhere, beautiful decorations and in the middle there was a table set for us.

Nikhil held my hand and I flinched at his touch, I don't know why it felt wrong. It felt like i was not meant to be touched by anyone, like my body was marked for someone else. In a way it was marked by veekay, he had branded me to be his, all the marks on my body were the proof of it.
Thinking of veekat made my eyes fill with a fresh set if tears but i controlled them as i couldn't let nikhil know about it.

We had dinner and it was nikhil who did most of the talking and I just listened. Then out of no where he got up from his seat and kneeled down on one knee with a blue velvet box in his hands.

My whole body went cold, I wasn't expecting this. Please don't do this.

"Kanika , we have known each other for so much time and I know that I can be hard to handle sometimes but so are you,we have been together through so much,will you do me the honour of becoming my wife, will you marry me Miss Kanika kapoor?" He said.

I couldn't reply anything and I don't know what happened,the next thing I know he was hugging me and the ring was on my finger. I was getting married to him.

I know crappy chap, I just found a little time so i decided to update.
what do you think will happen now ? Will veekay and kanii be able to find their way to each other or she will get married to nikhil...
And do vote and comment because its only your love that gives me the motivation to write.

CHANCES ✔️  (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें