New innings

Life is cruel sometimes and in my case its always cruel, just when i pull myself together and think that i am not going to give up and that everything's gonna be alright, all my hopes come tumbling down. I sometimes think that it is a special talent that God has bestowed upon me; what else is the explanation for my shitty life.

Here i am in the middle of nowhere in my car crying my eyes out and these stupid tear wont stop. ahh!!! i feeling like screaming utill i am unable to do so as well, i guess that would be a bad idea.

I was on this particular road for almost an hour, i didnt know what to do and that made me cry even harder, i wish my parents were here, my mom she would have definitely helped me, right now i would want nothing else but to rest my head in her lap. I would trade anything for having them here.

Tears still blurring my vision, i started my car and drove with no particular destination in my mind, absentmindedly driving i reached a particular street.

Wait i know this place..!! I looked around taking in my surroundings, i got out of my car and walked a few steps and there i saw at the end of the lane a white colored double storied house, the house where i used to live with my parents. The thought of my parents brought a new set of tears in a my eyes.

I contemplated going back to my car but then decided against it, i will have to face this house someday , i walked towards the house when something caught my attention it was a white audi , the same that veekay has, Crap the thought of veekay burned a hole through my already damaged heart.

It must be someone else's, why would he be here, he made it pretty clear what he feels about me. I opened the gate to my house and as i walked in, i noticed someone sitting on the porch, there were no lights there, only source of light was that coming from the street lamps.

Thousands of thoughts crossed my mind, is he a thief or burglar or may be a rapist, i panicked i looked around and found a stick, gathering all my courage and pointing that stick towards him i spoke "hey mister this is a private property trespassing is not allowed !! "

The man on the porch started walking towards me, now i was scared my breath hitched in my throat " hey don't come near me i have commissioners number on my speed dial u wont be able to get away with this , u don't know me" i was doing my panic blabber thingy.

That man came in to the region where street lights could reach him and then i realised he was none other than Veekay. I stopped my panic blabbering, he was still walking towards me

I was confused why was he here, what does he want now; Is he here to hurt me more was that not enough; there was only on way to find out, gathering all my mustered up strength i spoke "Why are you here? Something left to say" I paused and then continued "u don't need to say anything more, okay i get it! i hurt u bad and now u don't want to see my face. Please dont say anything more i don't think i can take it now" my voice was cracking now, shit

I was saying all this when he came near me and out of nowhere hugged me. I couldn't process what just happened why was he hugging me,i pushed all these thoughts away and hugged him back thinking that this might be a one time thing and he may change his mind.

There was a new sense of warmth in my body, like a piece of my body was missing all these years and today my body and my heart became whole, i didn't realise i had started crying again, my head was resting in the crook of his neck, it felt like home, i hadn't felt this relaxed from a long time, he was rubbing my back as a gesture to calm me down, he was holding me tight as if his life depended on it and I was doing the same except my life actually depended on it, I felt I had got my soul back.

We were in this position for a long time, when suddenly i felt his grasp loosening, my body tensed I thought he was going to leave me; he held me by my shoulders, i was dreading this now he is going to regret hugging me and say all those hurtful things again, God it felt like someone was about to stabb my newly healed heart with a sharp knife.

But then he spoke, i am sorry Kanii

I looked at him surprised, did he just say sorry ; no no i guess i am hallucinating; may be all this is a hallucination, I pinched my self realizing that I m not dreaming.

Then he spoke again, "KANII i am sorry for all those things i said to u, i get ur point but i was just so hurt with everything that happened all those years back that i didn't realise that u must be equally hurt, i crossed a line today please forgive me, i have missed you so much, i dreamt of meeting you and having you back in my life but when i saw you that day all the hurt came back,it felt like someone stabbed me, i just didn't know what to do so i decided to push you away but the fact is that you where my wall all those years back and when you left you took a piece of me with you, i never could understand why you left and instead of finding u i found an easy way out, i decided to hate you. I was so naive and i couldn't think properly then today i said all those things about ur parents and u; i didn't mean it, only if i had known the truth, why didn't u tell me about your parents accident, i would have helped you, why do you keep running from me kanii?" he had tears in his eyes, he looked so vulnerable so weak

I spoke " i didnt know what to do veekay, everything was so messed up, u hated me and then that accident, i was not the same kanii at that time, what would i had said to u that i was not there when you needed me but please would u come to me because my life is a mess.. And then I saw u standing in my conference hall, I knew I had to right my wrongs but you wont let me."

There was a sense of understanding in his eyes " If you would have tried 8 years back, i would have understood kanii , i know i am not as intelligent as you but i would have helped you."

"i am sorry veekay for all the mess that i have created in your life" he put a finger on my lips, and said "lets not talk about all this now, i am glad that I got my best friend back and i dont want to think about all the bad memories that we both have endured away from each other , now we are together and that is all that matters to me and you should also let by gones be bygones but just promise me no more running way, lets start fresh kanii" he took a step back and extended his hand towards me and said

"hiee i am virat kohli but my best friend calls me veekay"

i shook his replied " hiee i am kanika kapoor and my best friend calls me kanii"

We both laughed at our antics, it felt like nothing had happened, all that pain that i had felt today just vanished. I pulled him towards me and hugged him tightly and then said " I am glad to have my best friend back "

he replied "ditto kanii"

We pulled out of the hug and then he said " lets go"

i asked him puzzled "where?"

"Home kanii, aren't you hungry? and btw mom had cooked your favourite rajma chawal today, it would be a shame that you wont get to eat world's best rajma chawal, plus mom wont let me enter the house if you are not with me " he said cheekily

I laughed and said " u look too cute when you are scared of aunty"

he said pulling a brave face " i am not scared of mom, its just that i respect her"

"hahah veekay whatever, let go now i don't want want my rajma chawal to wait anymore " i said

"and hey btw how did you know where to find me, even i didn't had any idea i was going to be here?"

he replied "guess i still know you better than you know yourself"

We drove to his house and i met aunty and thanked her for all that she had done for me, we had a nice meal and after a long time i was happy, genuinely happy, it felt like there is a chance for me now to actually be happy and have new innings in my life.

Thank you guys for your love, finally a happy chapter, i hope you guys like it.. 1600 words i guess this would be the longest chapter of the book till now. If you guys like it please vote and comment and promote my story if you can. Dont forget to shower me with your love because its your love that gives me the motivation to write.... xoxo