SOmething is fishy

unedited chapter.. sorry !!

It has been three weeks since veekay has gone for his tournament to Australia, he was pretty psyched and excited about this whole series.

But India lost both its matches and now they need to win all the three remaining games. Last I talked to virat he was very upset so i decided to surprise him by going to Australia. Actually I had an old client there I was avoiding this work but now this will be a good camouflage for my real task, that is, to boost veekays morale and cheer him up.

I was sitting in my cabin when the phone rang and my assistant said that my boyfriend is here to meet me.

Yeah he is back, its kind of coincidence that the week veekay left the same week Nikhil came back.

No no don't get me wrong i am glad that he is back but something is off about him. I mean he was fine the day he came but when i told him about veekay his expressions changed. He was acting weird or may be i am over thinking.

There was a knock on my door and his head popped out from the door.

"May I come in mam?" He said cheekily.

"Heyy!!" I said standing up .

He came in and hugged me.

"I missed you my ever so busy girlfriend" he said

"I missed you too ,you know na how this work is I am sorry, I will make it up to you when I come back from Australia" I said not meeting his eyes.

"What you never told me you are going to Australia!!" He said moving away from me.

"Arey actually the whole plan was so sudden isilie I was not able to tell you plus veekay was also feeling low so I thought isi bahane I can see him also" I replied

He turned away from me and moved his hand through his perfect hair.

I said "what is it nikhil?"

"You are so funny kanii, you are asking me what is it" he said mockingly

"I don't get it what you are trying to say" I said very confused by his behavior.

"your boy friend is here after so many days , finally we have some time together but you are going away just to meet your long lost so called friend" he snapped at me.

I was angry now so I retorted by saying
"First of all I am going for my work and I dont remember me being so pissed when you have your tours in other countries and secondly what do you mean by 'so called friend' he is, was and always will be my best friend.
I have observed every time I bring him in our conversation your demeanor changes. whats going on with you, he used to be you friend as well."

He said " you are just making work excuses so that you can meet him, you never visited me when I was away."

" It was you who said I should not come ,that i should focus in my career and my work is not my excuse " I said in a raised voice.

"You are so pathetic, did you forget what he..." he was about to say something but he didn't complete his sentence.

"What did I forget , and did you just call me pathetic..." I said.

"Just forget about it , go have fun with your friend. When are you leaving for you so called work" he said.

"think whatever you want but I told you the truth and I am leaving today only" I said with confidence.

"Good for you" he said and he left...

I don't know why i felt he was going to say something but he didn't and then he just changed the subject, something was fishy. But then I ignored it, I was too angry to think about Nikhil, if I kept thinking about what happened today I would have hunted him down and punched him in his face.

Heyy guys !! M back, done with my exams...!! Then and now his smile hasn't changed.. He looks so adorable when he smiles.
So something is fishy here what do you think??
If you like this chap please vote and comment because its your love that gives me the motivation to write.