So Where were we??

"When we meet someone and fall in love, we have a sense that the whole universe is on our side. And yet if something goes wrong, there is nothing left!

How is it possible for the beauty that was there only minutes before to vanish so quickly? Life moves very fast, it rushes from heaven to hell in a matter of seconds." - Paulo Coelho

Time flies..... 8 years later

There are a few things that I have learned in my life

That no matter how good a person is, sometimes they can hurt you & because of this we must forgive. It takes years to build trust and only seconds to destroy it..The circumstances and the environment influence on our lives, but we are the one who are responsible for ourselves.

After leaving delhi, I missed a big part of me tthat is Veekay, I was so angry at him, I hated him for so long but that didn't change the fact that I loved him.God it was so confusing, I hoped for so long that may be he will come looking for me, there were days that I would keep staring at my phone and hope that he would call. I would search him out on google, I was so proud of him when he became the captain of u-19 team and brought home world cup.I danced in the whole house like a monkey when I heard the news that he got selected in the National team. I celebrated each and every success he achieved and mourned every loss he incurred.

After trying hard I pulled my life together, I did my graduation after leaving Delhi in Ahmedabad only and after that I worked very hard and got my acceptance letter from London Business School, I was going to the most prestigious B-school and that too on full scholarship, that was supposed to be the best day of my life.

But that day I lost everything I lived for, the other part of me died that night. Me and my parents were coming back from dinner, they wanted to celebrate my success but some drunk driver crashed our car and I was the only survivor.At first i couldn't believe that they were gone, i was an orphan. They left a big hole in my life,those initial days I cried so hard I wanted them back, i would give anything to see them again but i couldn't. I thought I also should have died with them, whats the point of living when everything u live for has been taken away from you. i mean whats the point of all this.

Then one night whle going through some stuff i found my mother's diary, i read her thoughts she had so many dreams for me, she wanted me to get married live my life to the fullest but most importantly she wanted me to be a successful person, i was not sure if her other wishes i could fulfill but one thing was there that i could do. That night i found a new reason to live my life.

I went to London because my parents wanted me to succeed, I engrossed myself in as much work as I can. I became my worst nightmare, a workaholic. I started a new company with my friend, we guve wings to fresh talent

For personal life I had a bf, Nikhil you remember Nikhil who was my friend from school, who presently is driving me to my office in Mumbai. He came in my life when I needed someone to help me and he stuck with me when even I was not ready to deal with myself. I like him a lot and I trust him but I don't love him because you can only love once and I already loved someone.

"Hey babes we reached your office like 5 mins ago, u zoned out again" he said.

I just picked my laptop bag and said "oh I m sorry I have an important meeting today, I told you about the takeover so I was thinking about that. Apparently neelima has decided to give me a surprise, I don't know which company are we taking over"

He said "Yeah I remember, don't worry it wil be fine"

Yeah neelima is my business partner, she is my friend from b school we met there and while I was out on a business trip to paris she decided that it was cool that we took over some company and she said that I would like the surprise.

I said my goodbyes to Nikhil since he was going back to Delhi, he worked there only in his father's business.

I made my way to my office only to be met with the smiling face of my secretary Tracy. Tracy was almost of the age of my mother, she knew her work too well and most importantly she knew me too well.

"Today is the big day Kanika. Aren't you excited?" she said

"I am tracy but not as excited as you are.."

She snorted at my comment

"everyone is in the conference hall, they are waiting for you..!!" she said

I made my way towards the conference hall, i saw neelima outside the conference hall talking to someone. As soon as she saw me, she came running towards me and said "so are you ready for the surprise?"

I said " common neels you have been building the suspense for so long, lets just get this over with"

"you are such a spoil sport" she said making a pout and gestured me to walk towards the conference hall.

As I opened the door to the conference hall to say that I was shocked would be the understatement of the year.

So a cliffhanger... second update of the day... I hope you guys like it

Please please vote and comment because your votes give me the motivation to write..

Xoxo..!!!