Children Of Unmei: Chapter 7

Chapter 7: First Collision

“This really tastes good.”, I said as I take another bite of the chocolate cupcake that Mori made by herself. The girl has a great hand in this and I bet she must open her own pastry shop. This sure a best-seller! We were at the living area of the girl’s dormitory with the other students, relaxing at the couches and watching a movie while waiting for the orientation time to begin.

         “So glad you liked it! Here, have some more.”, Mori said in a wide grin as she handed me another piece then went back to what they’re watching. I just murmur ‘thanks’ and stare at the piece of cupcake for a while. My mom and I used to bake together when I was in grade school. We’ll mix the ingredients, mom will put it in the oven and I’ll put the icing when it’s done. That’s my favorite part! I remember, one time I put icing all over Nasty’s face when he was sleeping on the sofa. That’s my sweet revenge for saying that the cake I made was horrible. I cannot forget his look when he woke up and I can’t help but just laugh at him. But speaking of, I wonder how are they doing? I’ve been off for a couple of days and I miss them so much. I haven’t even checked my phone, maybe they’re contacting me. I haven’t even checked either the voice recorder from Eluna.

         “Oh, quit staring and just take a bite.”, whisper someone at the back of my ear. I eagerly look back and saw its Jake. “Yummy!”, he said when I finally take a big bite from my third piece and we both laugh.

         “Where’s Ruth?”, asked Mori when she noticed Jake standing behind the couch.

         “Already at the orientation room.”, he answered. He walks towards the min table and reach for a piece of cupcake. “Students are starting to fill the room. I guess we better go.”, he continued.

         “I thought the orientation is just for us, the new comers?”, I asked.

         “Yep but as your new and kind friends, we will accompany you.”, Mori nods beside me as she put her arm around my shoulder. That’s so kind of them, right? They have been accompanying me around since yesterday and I’m kinda obeying Eluna. Not about not trusting anyone but the one she says about using my maryoku. Might not sound fair but I did read their minds and they’re harmless. Maybe Eluna was just being too careful or protective over her and her maryoku that’s why she never had a chance to trust anyone.

         “Correct! So, come on.”, Jake agreed, pulling my right arm to stand up.

“Welcome to Dark Academy, students! It’s a wonderful view to see a number of new comers despite the fact that our classes have already started as well as other academies.”, said the old lady in a reading glass as an introduction. “Anyways, I am Instructor Wilson and standing beside me is our Head Instructor, Instructor D. And she will be leading this short orientation for us.”, she continues, giving the floor to Dorothy. I roam my eyes around the really huge orientation room. It’s simply covered in white paint but the atmosphere here is different. Maybe, because I’m around these people with unique maryoku. There are fourteen new comers, including me, in the senior level and ten at the junior level which was transferred to the adjacent room.

     “Alright, I am Dorothy Beat or Instructor D and as said by Instructor Wilson, I am the head in this academy.”, she said not staring to anyone or at least not at me. “Here at Dark Academy, you’ll learn how to strengthen, develop and control your maryoku. You might think it’s weird to have those kinds of ability but its not.”, she said. Yeah, we are weird! I remember when I figured out my maryoku and it sticks to y mind that I am one weird girl. “Our maryoku is a gift to us and we must put it to good use, control it and never let it control you.”