Children Of Unmei: Chapter 16

Chapter 16: The Window Crasher

“Everything looks… normal.”, Ruth commented when we were on the way out of the History room.  We just lost our head instructor last night and it’s really noticeable that everything seems fine and normal. I mean, they don’t have to cry out loud but why no one seems to care at all? Even our History instructor, Mae Karada, didn’t say anything about it knowing that she’s one of Dorothy’s closest friend among all the instructors. All of them don’t want to say a thing about it!

   “Yeah, it does but we know nothing is normal.”, I said. On the cafeteria, Mori and Jake was there having their dinner. The both of them look aware of the crowd. “What’s wrong?”, I asked when we reached their table. Jake shakes his head.

    “Nothing. Just that… it’s quite weird that no one even talks about Instructor D. Don’t you think that way too?”, he asked.

    “Yes, we thought the same. Even the instructors don’t want to say anything.”, agreed his twin sister. “Senior Lorenzo did not even say a word about it before they left the academy this morning.”, she added.

    “He did not?”, I asked. The board members, fortunately, left the academy and I didn’t catch them with their speech because I was so tired that I overslept.

    “He said something, actually. He said move on and everything will be okay again.”, said Mori as she roll her eyes. “Oh, they took Instructor Gem and Fatima Nakamura with them.”, she added.

    “I know. Our classmates won’t quit talking about it.”, I said.

    “So… what re we going to do now?”, Mori asked. I look up at her with blank face then realize that I was asking myself the same thing. The one we’re all depending on died and the opponents are very strong. What are we going to do now?

    “What do you mean?”, asked back Jake to Mori.

    “I mean, we know the situation. Don’t you feel like we should do something?”, Mori answers and I was stunned. She is right.

    “Why don’t we tell everyone about it so they can help us out?”, suggested Jake.

    “No!”, Ruth exclaims. “We might just put them in danger. Besides, we don’t know who are on their or our side.”

    “Right. That don’t seem like a good idea.”, Jake said. He took sip of his orange soda then turns to me. “What do you think, Yame?”, he asked which makes me look t his direction.

    “I… I don’t know.”, I said. “The only person capable of fighting them is gone.”, I continue, stirring my soda with its straw.

    “That isn’t true.”, Mori said in a whisper. “The only person capable of fighting them is you, Yame. You are the Seeker.”, she said. The three of them look t me with confidence that I can fight those powerful Children of Unmei. But the truth is I m not confident of myself. Can I do it? Or should I do it?

    “Mori is right, Yame. We’re here too as well.”, said Ruth.

    “Right! And aside from us, Instructor Shinri is still there. I mean, he’s a good friend of yours and he might help us.”, Jake butt in. The flashbacks of last night came to me.

    “I guess so.”, I utters to myself.

Sigh.

I can’t sleep. My mind can’t relax and it keeps thinking about last night’s revelation. The board members, specifically Lady Mara but Instructor Shinri is still there. How m I going to face him when we suddenly met each other’s eyes? What am I going to say when he suddenly greeted me there? “Ugh.”, I groan as I tilt on the other side of the bed. But I guess I don’t have to worry about it since the instructor doesn’t seem to care about me now. He doesn’t talk or even look at me. It’s like he can’t see me at all! Why is that? I’m so confused. I know he isn’t a bad guy or the ‘villain’ in the scene… I even trusted him. But could it be the reason why I trusted him easily is because he is my brother? I rise up from bed and scratch my head. I need to talk to someone about this, I thought. When I was about to walk out of my door, I remembered that it’s already passed midnight and everyone must be asleep. I can’t afford to disturb them just because of my own personal problem. I went back to bed and sat there. Then Eluna popped in my mind. Maybe I’ll just send her a message and its fine if she can’t reply right away. I just need to speak this out. I grab the voice recorder inside my drawer and started recording.