Children Of Unmei: Chapter 18

Chapter 18: The Evil and The Wild Cat

Nico Traxille

“Alright, that settles things. I’ll send Eluna a message later about our coming so they can serve as back-up too.”, said Yame as she stood up from the stoned bench. “Let us all take a rest and tomorrow we’ll go.”, she added. The three girls went off to the left side while II told Jake that I’ll be fine here in the garden. I was left there in the dimly lit garden, thinking. She said that their connection inside the second campus was named Eluna. Could it be really her? Heh, that is really possible unless they admit a couple of ‘Eluna’ in this academy. If that’s the case, maybe I could ask her a little help. Just to know if my sister is there. I had to know if my sister is safe— no, she should be safe! But how would I get connected to that ‘Eluna’, anyway? Yame is the only one who can speak to her. That means I have to ask Yame first. What the heck!? I am no good into asking favors! If only she is a boy, maybe I could just command her and kick or punch her if she tried to refuse me. But no, she is a girl! Yeah, asking a favor might sound easy for you but not for me! I remained sitting there for about an hour or more, plotting words on how to say it kindly. But I am not kind so I really can’t plot out words.

   “Anyway, who says I should ask her kindly?!”, I said to myself aloud as I stood up. I will ask her now and she shall agree with me! I take a deep breath and shut my eyes. Focus and picture it out, I thought. I felt my wind shakes me and when I open my eyes, I was standing in front of her door. This is her room and right where we first laid eyes on each other. Ahhh! Cut it out! I’m not here for reminiscing shit. I knock on the door twice, trice but no answer. I can’t even sense a little movement. I knock again, a lot louder. I’m getting impatient. I can’t believe this girl sleeps like hell. I was about to knock again with all the irritation in me when the door cracked open. Yame is standing there in her yellow pajama.

    “What do you want?”, she asked sleepily. Her eyes are still closed as she crumples them with her hand.

    “Uh,”, I mumbles as I clear my throat. My irritation was blown away as I keep staring at her. Traxille, you’re about to scare her and make her do things as you command. Don’t be a fool! But despite of what my conscience is yelling, I ended up talking like a polite kid. “I would like to ask you something.”

    “Nico?”, she asked when she finally open her eyes. Is she fully awake now? “Hey, what is it?”, she asked again.

    “Well, you—“

    “Wait.”, she cuts off. “Hold on a minute.” She said and went inside, leaving me alone in the hallway. I wait there for a fee minutes and my legs starts to get numb so I sat down the floor and rest my back on the wall across her room’s door. After a couple of minutes of thinking what she’s doing, Yame came out and no traces of ‘I-just-woke-up-things’ is on her face. “Eluna said she’ll wait for us on the dried up well. I wonder if she’ll be waiting in or outside.”, Yame said as she keeps pressing button on the recorder. She sat beside me— just a few inches away and presses the green button on the thing. “Possible to talk now? I have a visitor here who wants to talk to you, I guess. We really need to talk.”, she said and press the yellow button.

    “How did you know?”, I asked in confusion. Yame shrugs.

    “I saw them on your mind, through your eyes.”, she said. I was speechless. Is she telling me that she can read people’s mind?!

    “Y-you can read minds? How… how far did you read mine, huh?! Tell me!”, I exclaimed. Yame quickly hushed me when my voice gets too high.

    “Keep your voice low! You might wake up someone. Anyways, I just read as far as you think.”, she said. Now, is she telling me that she read even my side comments about things?! Is that it?? “You know I don’t like reading yours… because most of the are unnecessary.”, she added smiling. Darn it! Anyone remind me not to look unto her eyes again. “Oh, she replied.”, she said when the recorder beeps. She presses the green button and the voice plays.