Children Of Unmei: Chapter 11

Chapter 11: Accepting

Two days ago since Dorothy talked to me about the training and after thinking over, I’ve finally came up with a decision to go with it. She is right, this is a gift to me and I should use it. I don’t know what I’m about to put myself up but if this is my fate— my purpose in life, then I shall accept it and face it. This is the thing I’m looking for after all, right? To have a purpose in life. I walk inside the Maryoku Enhancement room and took my seat at the last row. I look around and see students chatting animatedly while most are just quiet reading books. All these students are mental-typed maryoku just like me but most of them knows better about using their gifts. Not like me, I’m just a beginner. That’s why after this class I will talk to Dorothy for the training.

         “Hey.”, said someone behind me, destructing my thoughts. I look back and saw the gray-haired white girl named Fatima standing there. She is wearing the same black shirt and skirt as I am, determining our maryoku type (for the physical-typed it’s white and for the elemental-typed it’s green) paired with black rubber shoes. I remember we also belong in the same section and she’s the one always arguing with Alena.

         “Hi.”, I said nonchalantly when we look unto each other.

         “You’re one of the new comers, yeah?”, she asked oddly as she sat down the chair beside her. I just nod and she nods too. “How old are you?”, she asked again, looking closer to me. I was a little outraged when she move her face closer to mine and at the same time worried that I might get into her thoughts so I move away.

         “I-I’m… eighteen.”, I answered. The girl nods her head again as she twirls her hair with her finger.

         “We’re just the same.”, she commented after a while. Same age? But so what, I thought. “I wonder why it is you.”, she said then stood up of the chair. I was about to ask her but the door slide open, revealing a tall and white guy in his white polo shirt and black pants. He’s holding folders on his left hand and a black box on the other. Who is this guy? A new instructor of this class? I thought Dorothy was the one assigned to this class. And as if on cue, the good-looking guy talked after he reached his table.

         “Good day everyone! I’m Instructor Shinri and I’m the newly assigned instructor here.”, he introduced to himself to the students inside. He sounds excited and he wears a really big smile on his face. From where I’m sitting, I can see my female classmates gawk at him with admiration. Actually, there are a lot of handsome and cute guys here in the academy but this young instructor seems different. His aura is different. Is that what my other classmates are feeling too? I look around again and doubt it. I bet they don’t.

         “Something happened to the head instructor?”, asked Fatima from her seat and when I look back at her, I saw her blowing a balloon from her chewing gum. And she looks comfortable with what she’s doing.

         “No, nothing happened to Instructor D but she would like to talk to, uh, wait…”, he said and flips his folder. From there he pulls out a piece of paper and read it. “Yame Ayazawa.”, he continued. I stood up immediately upon hearing my name and I almost tripped off my feet because I’m quite surprised. Luckily, I got a grip on my desk and able to balance myself. “Ms. Yame Ayazawa?”, he asked in confirmation together with some other eyes focused on me.

         “Y-yes, sir.”, I answered standing straight from where I am. I was little calmed when I saw the young instructor smile again and speak gently.

         “You may proceed to the head instructor’s office now. She’s waiting.”, he said. I nod and grab my things, walk fast out of the room. I hear myself draw a deep breath when I shut the door close. Am I nervous? But why should I? I shook my head slowly and walk down the hallway. And why would Dorothy wants to talk to me this time? Well it’s fine since I have something to tell her too.