Children Of Unmei: Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Alliance

Nico Traxille

Ah, shit! My head still hurts but I really can’t remember everything of what happened last night. All I know is that I am here… again. At this crap academy! I promised before that I’ll never step my foot again anywhere around here but I guess I just broke my own words. But jut this once… just for my sister. As I clutch my fist, my eyes spotted a familiar figure. She was the girl from last night. Yeah, I remember that I threw myself on her after I break through that window. Well, I don’t know if it’s good or bad but I’m feeling something about this girl. No, it’s not the ‘feeling’ that you’re thinking! There’s something strange about her… something different. Oh, whatever it is I don’t give a shit! It’s none of my business. I’m still looking at her when she glances at my direction and I know she recognizes me when she walks to me. I wanted to look away but I can’t and my heart is drumming. What the fuck’s going on now?!

    “Nico, right?”, she asked when she reached my table.

    “Yeah.”, I said nonchalantly. The girl smiles thriftily as she sat down at the vacant chair towards mine. She tosses the hair that is covering her forehead and I saw a small bandage there but what caught my attention is the stone on her forehead. It’s a diamond-shaped one. No way! This girl is the new Seeker?! Hah! No wonder I felt strange towards her.

    “So, uh.”, she said clearing her throat. “How was your head?”, she asked. I automatically touch my upper left brow that is also wounded from last night. It has a bandage too.

    “My head hurts.”, I said honestly. The girl nods continually. “Who are you anyway?”, I asked. The girl got more attentive and lifts one brow at me.

    “Oh, well. Aside from I am the girl who got few scratches because of your cleverness last night, I am also Yame Ayazawa and by the way you look at my forehead, I bet you already seen it and you’re right. I’m the new Seeker.”, she said frantically.

    “Okay.”, I said and look away.

    “Is that all you’re gonna say to me?!”, she asked in the same manner. I look at her confusedly. What else does she want me to say? Hah! Women’s minds are really hard to understand that is why I don’t have the intention of understanding them! “Ugh! Just… forget what I said. I’m sorry, I’m just… nevermind.”, she added. Huh? All the while she looks like an uncontrollable beast and now she low down like one pretty angel. What’s wrong with this girl? Hey, I said pretty! Well, she is really pretty. Oh, crap! Now, what’s wrong with me?!

    “Hey, Yame!”, yell someone coming from the counter. A female student holding a tray walks toward us.

    “Hey, Mori. What’s up?”, Yame said to her. The female student called Mori put down her tray in the table and slide to the seat next to Yame.

    “Oh, my gosh! I was so freaked last night when I saw you bleeding!”, she blurted out tremendously. “Are you okay? Does your head hurt? Your arms? Or shoulders—“,

    “Mori, Mori! I’m fine, okay?”, she said holding the girl’s hand and steadies it from moving. “I’m perfectly fine.”, she repeated, now smiling. The girl breathed out a sigh of relief. Crap. Girls are such drama queens and annoying. But why do I keep staring at this Seeker? Because she’s prettier when she smiles, my stupid mind says. Oh, stop it.

    “I’m… glad you are.”, Mori said smiling too, and then passes her look to me. “And who is he, Yame?”, she asked Yame but still staring at me.

    “Aren’t you the boy from last night?”, a meek voice asked. I look on the other side of the table and saw the braided-haired girl with Yame last night. Standing beside her is a replica of her— only that it’s a ‘him’.