Children Of Unmei: Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Message Tone

Alena Gem

That Dorothy Beat really thinks she could keep it a secret forever, huh? Well, she is so wrong with that. I’ve already reported the thing about Yame Ayazawa and the board members is on the move. Dorothy thought I won’t find out that she is training the young Seeker. Unfortunately, I am not as stupid as what she thinks. On the past weeks, I’ve been keeping an eye on her and there I’ve known that Yame isn’t attending her regular classes, especially the Maryoku Enhancement class instead she’s on a private training with the head instructor. I shook my head slowly in disappointment as I stare at myself in the mirror then put color on my lips. Dorothy should be more careful if she is planning to go against us. Anyways, who’s taking over the head instructor’s class if she is on a private training with the new student?

         “Right.”, I said to myself when I remembered the young man who came from the second campus named Anastasio Shinri. He is the temporary instructor assigned in the class. He is from the second campus, eh? I wonder if he knows about it. I just talked to him twice and he seemed clueless, like he doesn’t know anything going on at the place where he came from. But I should not underestimate him. His maryoku aura is kinda strong and he must be powerful. I can see he often hangs around Yame and her group of friends. Could he be in ally with them? That’s possible, I thought as I rub my chin. But no matter what’s the case, I should be careful. Anyways, I don’t have to worry a lot for now since tomorrow the board members will be here for the business. I guess Dorothy knows it by now.

Dorothy Beat

“Darn it!”, I yell followed by the crushed sound of the telephone that hits the floor. I’m breathing hard in exasperation when I sat down my chair and massage my head. I really am upset right now! Ayazawa and I had been training for jut a short time and here they are, calling me up to say they will be here tomorrow before lunch. I cannot believe this! Is it possible that they learned about the Seeker? Yes, it is. Instructor Gem might have reported it. That girl! She really cannot be fooled easily. I drew a deep breath and let it out heavily. Is this what Fatima saw coming? Darn that kid! She doesn’t want to say anything about her vision but she did confirm that Ayazawa is involved. I should warn her about this. Her ability to control her maryoku had improved and developed a lot but she must not be ready for something like this.

Yame Ayazawa

I stare at my reflection in the mirror. How long has it been since I walk outside and face people without anything covering my eyes? I can’t remember. But in this mirror… I look normal. I sigh and turn around— away from the mirror. Two weeks have passed since I accepted Dorothy’s special training for me and I can feel that I really am not normal anymore. And I can’t pretend that I am. Two weeks is just a short time but many things have happened to me. I can control my mind reading ability now and can move things with ease. Aside from Dorothy, Instructor Shinri also helped me lot mastering it and says it is a lot easier to master it since it isn’t my real maryoku. He meant I am a Seeker and it’s simple for me to gain knowledge of things. Well, I kinda believe him since I can wear off this eyeglass now. Instructor Shinri and I got comfortable to each other when I found out that they have the same name as my brother. Yeah! The instructor’s name is Anastasio, same as Nasty. I don’t know why but he’s like a real brother to me everytime.

         “Yame, are you in?”, asked a meek voice followed by a soft knock on the door. With the tone of the voice, I am sure it is Ruth. On the past few days, the student council president didn’t change. I mean she’s still pale and quiet. We even caught her staring out in the wilderness. I’m always trying to talk to her about her matter but he just always diverts the topic. I even tried to read her mind but not like before. I can’t get to her mind now. Jake said her twin sister might have used her maryoku to cover her thoughts. If that is the case, she is so smart. I pick up the eyeglass above my bed and wear it.