Chapter 11

The next day, I woke up with a pounding headache and my eyes hurt. I found myself on the same position I was in when I hit the bed last night. I had a nightmare. But rapidly, it became clear to me that what happened had not been just another bad dream. Frightened of what will happen now, my head throbbed painfully for I did not sleep last night. I pressed my aching temples with my fingers and languidly dragged myself on the bathroom. I washed my face and looked at the mirror.

Dear God, I was a mess. My hair was tangled everywhere on the top of my head and I had dark circles under my eyes, which were also reddened and slightly swollen from crying.

I heaved a sigh and headed back to the bedroom but stopped dead on my tracks when I saw him there. He was now on his business attire. Damn. He looked really good.

Without saying anything, he threw a newspaper on the bed and he signaled for me to take a look at it. I quietly picked it up and what I saw in there stunned me for a few seconds.

'WILMINGTON INDUSTRIES EXPECTING BANKRUPTCY BY THE NEXT MONTH'

The headline in bold letters screamed. I blink for several times thinking that maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me. I grabbed it and there. It was clearly printed at the front page and was clearly in there.
I brought my hand to my mouth when tears threatened to fall.

"You want him, right? Then let's see how well you can protect him from me"

His voice rang on my head. My eyes amplified with shock at him.

Controlling wretch that he was, Sebastian would not leave it to her to talk to William and warn him about the devil's scheme.

"Fascinating, isn't it?", he said smiling broadly. How could he do such thing overnight?

"How did you do it so fast?", my mind was whirling with bewilderment of how much he could do. How far he can go to get what he wants.

"Power", he simply replied. Last night, I thought it would be best if I would end my friendship with William though it brought me to a sudden heartbreak. My first agenda this morning was to talk to Sebastian and bargain myself in exchange that he'll leave everyone alone especially William. But no, Sebastian had taken care of everything himself, while I was left as helpless as a child in a face of his machinations.

I switched my gaze on the newspaper on my hand and blurry image of the letters filled my vision. He had his unrepentant countenance, and I perceived that he had delivered his information with the lethal efficiency of a battlefield surgeon. He wasted no time to move his pieces to triumph.

"You had no right", I tried my best to fasten my words with the hatred I felt for him. He really played dirty using someone I cared for to get what he wanted.

Seething in fury with tears brimming on my eyes, "I won't be manipulated, Sebastian!", I have to fight.
He approached me and clamped affirm hand on my jaws and pulled my stiff body against him.

"Don't make a fool of yourself", he said close to my ear. I arched furiously away from him.

"Let go!"

"You think you can do something about it? Well then, let me see what you can do for that man!", he gritted his teeth.

"Oh! Before I forgot, do you happen to know someone who named Nickolas?", I gasped at the mention of that name. I paled and body lost its strength causing me to hold at the bedpost beside me for support.
No.

Not him, please. I wanted to say that to him but I couldn't speak.

"H-H-How----?, I asked in confusion when I got a little courage to do so. I have to know how he managed to know about him.

"So you do. You want me to meet him?", the thought of him being near Nick brought me to my knees in front of him.

"N-N-No.... P-P-Please...", I sobbed. I couldn't bear the fact that he'll have his hands on him. "P-P-Please... I'll do anything", I begged. Hard. I couldn't breathe properly. I went cold as if I'd just been dropped into a lake full of ice. There was a bolt of pain in my chest.

"Anything?", he repeated and he lowered himself on the ground to level his face with mine. I nodded my head but he wanted to hear it, "Yes. Anything", he muttered something I did not understand because of the rampaging pulse in my ears.

He took my head in both hands, fingers shaping and molding around my skull. His lips touched mine in a teasing manner. Light touch. Feather kisses. The taste and heat of him were unbearably sweet as his tongue traced the outline of my mouth.

"You have to decide now, love. I hate waiting. I could make next month into tomorrow in a swing of my hand or I could do something to Nick", his fresh threat felt like a fang of sharp teeth on my guts and I felt my stomach drop a thousand miles down. He's making sure I'm not going to escape this time. He was giving me no choice. I can't let him ruin William for that matter because he was too important to me. He's been there on my darkest and worst life situations. He'd done so much to me and this was the only way I could repay him, by preventing this man to destroy him and his dream.

And most of all, Nickolas. My Nickolas. He was my child. My son. I'd die for him. Yes, he's my son and the story of him and me run more complicated than you thought. I couldn't lose him.

"What do you want?", I finally asked with a heavy and thick tone. He clapped his hands together rather happily as if he won the grand prize.

"You. I want you following my rules. You are going to accept the merger and the engagement with me. No complaints. No questions asked", he terms seemed so easy but not for me. He had changed. The loving and caring Bash I came to know was nowhere in sight since last night.

"Okay", I silently responded, not daring myself to look at him.

"Now, kiss me", I was first dumbfounded but his eyes held seriousness. With a slow and hesitant move, I pressed my lips into his own.

"That's not a kiss, love", he said when I pulled apart from him. "You can do much better than that"
I heaved a sigh and touched my tongue over my drying lips and kissed him hard. Shaking so hard, I opened to him and licked his mouth asking for entrance in which he did. His arm went around me and the other hand running down the front of my body.

I kissed him, he was licking into my mouth the way I was doing with him, I was feeling too much, losing control.

His mouth broke from mine, roughly searching the side of my neck. The rasp of his shaven jaw sent bolts of delight down to my stomach. With a last tug on my lower lip, he pulled back panting.

"Take a shower, I'll take you home", he kissed my forehead one lasttime and left me alone to shower.