Chapter 12

The drive back to my house was quiet as I sat on the passenger seat. I was staring out of the window of his car watching buildings and establishments we passed by in a blur. I didn't have enough strength to do anything but sit there.

"I'll pick you up this afternoon and I'm expecting that you have packed your bags to move in with", he said.

"Okay", I replied, not looking at him. I sounded so dead-toned but what can I do? I did not have the enthusiasm to be with him much less to live with him.

When we stopped at the front of our driveway, I silently got out of the car not bothering to wait for him to open the door for me. I walked and made it to the front door ready to reach for the door handle but a hard hand on my wrist stopped me. I unhurriedly turned my head to look at him and saw his jaw twitching.

He was about to open his mouth to say something but his eyes narrowed when it caught something behind me not far from where we were standing. I followed the line of his gaze and my own eyes widened when there was a familiar black car was parked there.

William. I thought. I quickly turned my attention back to Sebastian and he was still looking at it. My heart drummed on my chest when I sensed a trouble coming.

I need to drive Sebastian away from here. Thinking of a way to do so, I grabbed his face kissing him long and deep on the lips in which he responded just as much as I expected him.

"You can go, now", I whispered on his lips when I pulled inches away. I just hoped he would not perceive my sudden nervousness.

He raised his brows on me in question, " Can't wait to get rid of me?" he asked.

Unexpectedly, I blushed and bit my lip in lost of what could I say to lessen the suspicion in his eyes.

"No", I quietly said.

"I know what you're doing, love", another acceleration happened inside of me.

"What?", I tried to be as innocent as I could get. He then ran a finger down from my face to my throat.

"Don't make me look stupid, love. I did not achieve success and crushed my enemies for good if I am stupid", he rubbed his thumb at the base of my throat and suddenly, I wanted to create some distance between our bodies. He felt like danger.

"He's here, isn't he?", he glowered at me suspiciously. "Ah... the bastard never did learn his lessons the first time I taught him, didn't he? Should I make more time for me to teach him", my eyes widened in shock and I stood there stiffly thinking of what he'll do. Of what he can do.

"You should go now", I said.

"Why? So that he could touch you while I am not here? It seems you're forgetting what we talked about", the smile that crept on his face made me pull away from him but he hauled me against him. The feel of his muscled chest was so good if not for the fact that he was trying to warn me.

"It's not that", I spat at him struggling from his firm grasp.

"No?"

"I just don't want you to be late for work", I mentally slapped myself for the stupid reason I had given him. Really smooth, Trisha. Very smooth and very stupid. So stupid.

Out of nowhere, he laughed. He laughed so much that he clutched his stomach with both his hands letting my hands fall onto my sides.

I watched him until he regained his composure, "If you are forgetting, I am the owner of that damn company. I could be late if I wanted to. No one would dare to question my work etiquette".