Chapter 15

"May I remind you that you have an appointment this coming Saturday? If you don't show your face on my clinic, I swear I will hunt you down and I don't mind going back here", Kurt wiggled his eyebrows up and down mischievously.

"I told you, fuck off!", Sebastian growled at his friend.

He looked at his wristwatch checking the time. It's been almost 45 minutes since Trisha went upstairs and still, there was no sign of here coming down.

"Come on , lover boy. You've been looking at your watch ten times or more. Hell, I lost count", his jaw tightened at the comment and released a deep sigh. Maybe he was just being paranoid.

"Excuse me", he was wondering what could be Trisha doing right now that she managed to take much time one needed in getting a shower and get dressed to grace them with her presence.

He got up from his seat and headed for the upstairs and barged inside his room. His forehead creased when he finally noticed that Trisha was actually not intending to share his room. He stormed out and came in to the next room finding her bag resting on the table near the bed.

He went for the bathroom door and was ready to give her piece of his mind but when he opened the door, the sight before him made him freeze him on the spot. He felt his heart stopped not from the usual feeling he gets whenever he sees her and her gorgeous body but this time, it was from the horror of the scene presented to him.

His Trisha was in the tub lying still under the water. His feet moved like lightning and in seconds he was calling and shouting her name trying to save her from the hands of death.

Panic seized him good with tears sprung out of his eyes.

"Kurt!", he desperately called out to his friend, voice rasped and edgy. He heard footsteps nearing him.

"Fuck, Trisha!"
******************************
Trisha's POV

Sshh.

The sound was comforting.

Sha ...

Then it was something I can't even understand.

Trisha

At first I heard it as a soft whisper. And now, someone was clearly calling my name.

Trisha

Then it was getting louder and louder by the second. The gentle wave slowly begun to rise higher and angry.

"Trisha", his muffled sound called me. I wonder why? What does he want now?

"Trisha", and the devil demands again. why can't he see that I want to just want to let my heavy body rest for a while?

"Fuck! Trisha!", footsteps hurried on the tiled floor I guess. Why are they being noisy? I like laying here. It felt like floating. Flying even, on the soft bed of nothingness. I even felt numb but somehow satisfying. I don't feel happy or sad or anything. I just felt nothing in particular.

But then, strong arms pulled me out of it. someone took me that satisfaction away from me or is it me being taken away from it for my body was lifted out of the soft nothingness and it was not heavy and worst, it can feel again those familiar things.

I opened my eyes and saw him. Vague image. I gasped for air as my lungs gripped the familiarity of he oxygen that runs my body alive.

I could hear the ringing in my ears and saw two figures sat me down on the cold tiles of the floor and kneeled beside me.

Cold.

That was when I realized myself was struggling to fight for breath. I was coughing and gasping for air badly that I felt the burning in my throat and chest.

Hands grabbed my face and made me look on those sinful eyes. They looked worried but then, how could the devil's eyes even reflect concern. They were deceitful. And the mouth, it was moving forming mantra. A chant to let me fall for the charm of this handsome devil.

I wanted to slap the hands away but I enjoy the warmth it was giving to me.

"Close your eyes, darling. That's it. Slowly open them for me as you take deep breaths", a voice instructed and I followed. Am I under his spell?

"Trisha? Hey? Can you hear me?", a different one came in.

I looked at him.

Sebastian.

I smiled at him a little.

The worried face turned into a frowning one then an angry one.

"FUCK! WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING DROWNING YOURSELF LIKE THAT?!", he let go of my face and stood up throwing a towel to me. I was naked. Fully naked.

"Drow...ning?" I asked.

"YES!"

"I am not drowning myself", I weakly defended.

"No?", he threw me an accusing look and continued his rage," You were almost dead when we found you sinking on your tub!"

I stared at him, aware that I was still shaking from the fact that I did almost die.

"I'm sorry", that was all I could say.

"Fuck! Sorry?! You don't have the right to die! You don't have the right to take away your life as long as I don't say so!"

"Now, Sebastian, that is a very mean thing to say to Trisha---", but Kurt was cut off with the glare Sebastian threw at him.

"That life of yours is mine, do you understand?!", without so much of sympathy he stomped of the door leaving me shaking cold and crying.

My brain traced all the things happened before I went to shower and end up sinking on the tub. It was because of that damn text message.

Did you enjoy your time on the pool, babe?

At first, I thought that was just a prank text from a random someone but when I read it for the second time, my heart sped up as fast as the speed of light. Trembling hands and knees sent me down the ground with tears spilling from my eyes.

That word 'babe'. I know it was him. It was definitely him. The hollowness of fear swallowed me whole.
He was here.

I frantically looked at the window and closed the blinds. Hands on mouth to suppress the sobs that wanted to escape.

What should I do?
What should I do?
What should I do?
What should I do?
What should I do?
What should I do?

Damn! I'm going crazy. I dragged myself to the bathroom and stripped to nakedness and instead of showering, I turned the water on the tub and I laid myself in there. Something was squeezing my chest with the arms of dread and anxiety. I couldn't breathe. Those arms seemed to move down to my lungs and it got so much harder to breathe. I closed my eyes hoping to help me calm myself but I saw his face.
Those scary eyes haunted me for years.

It was Weston.

The man that I was hiding from. I was running away from him for seven years.

It was him.

And he was here.

He knew where I was.

He saw me on the pool. That fact did not sit well on me for I pushed lower to the water, where he couldn't reach me.

And lower.
And lower.
And lower.

Until I....