Chapter 18

"He's in prison", William said looking at me intently convincing me to believe what we knew 7 years ago.

When Sebastian said that we are going to have lunch together, I thought at first that it will be just the two of us on his private kitchen in his office but then Kurt entered announcing his willingness to join us and that made everything awkward, well, for me not for the two best buddies in there. Kurt kept looking at me with I-know-what-you-did-back-there-naughty-girl scrutinizing eyes and a knowing grin plastered on his handsome face. The feeling when you really wished the ground under your feet would open up and swallow you whole a Drag Me to Hell style.

"Miss Trisha, you look lovely today blooming even. Too much blush on or naturally pinkish white glow?", he teased me that made me blush in embarrassment even more for I got the hint of playfulness I known him for. I groaned internally when I caught Sebastian smirk to that. And I made it out somehow breathing from that tease-Trisha-all-you-can when I excused myself to answer William's call. I said my goodbyes and played it cool but then my insides were still on a mashed up of sweet sensations and purely female shame.

"Yes, that's what I know years ago. I know it's him", I rubbed my thumb against the cold glass of my water. I showed him the message I received recently and even this morning saying sweet things like a lover but they only run on me like acid.

I saw William run his hand over his face and asked, "Why did you not tell me as soon as you received these? I might have checked for his records if he was out of the prison or not".

Why?

I wanted to say that I was preoccupied with other things but that was never an excuse if we were talking about Weston out of the bars.

"I'm sorry", I whispered and I touched his hand lying flatly on the table. Mine were shaking with the thought of the worst case scenario which was Weston getting his hands on Nick or me.
I suddenly remembered the time before I met Sebastian.

My mother sent me to Paris due to my utmost request to start my dream as a fashion designer. I was living like a normal student struggling for a passing grades and attending fashion weeks for inspiration. It was the start of my senior year, steps behind from my goal, when I met Weston Diaz. He was not a student in my school instead he was years older than me, five years to be exact. If I were to describe him, he was the bad boy. Not the novel bad boy with the golden heart hidden inside his ribcage but the real deal. At first, I did not know he was a terrible man who was always up to no good. He looked like a Calvin Klein model parading on the dark streets of Paris. I met him through a common friend. He was a loner screaming danger and trouble and I, being the one who had a secret love for those things felt curious and attracted to him. He played the role of the black prince who would always push you to be bad and take a bite of jeopardy in first sight.

I fell. Hard.

But I was happy. And even our friends told me that it was their first time seeing Weston care for someone.
Love someone. And that made me feel very special thinking I broke the walls of China and melt the ice of Antarctic. I changed him.

And time we spent together went on and on without the knowledge of my parents in America.

Until...

Flashback

"Who was that huh?!", he grabbed my hair forcefully and he made me look at him. Tears were streaming down my face but his eyes remained full of anger.

"Please...", I begged with an almost inaudible sound it only fueled his rage on me.

"I am asking you Trisha! Answer me!", he pushed me and my weakening body hit the floor like a rug. Throughout our relationship, he became too possessive and bad-tempered. He started hitting me with his bare hands and kick me with his shoes on. That happened every time he would know or see some male speaking to me or too close to me based on his better judgment. Though he won't hit me on my face. He grabbed my hair pulling it to the point that I swear I thought my scalp would bleed but he would never leave any easy visible mark of his abuse.

"I don't know him", I cried.

I felt him came near me. I tried to crawl away from him but he snatched my ankle and pulled me underneath him holding my hair again, tighter this time.

"You did not expect me to believe that lie, babe, did you?"

"Please...", I slowly felt my world getting blurrier.

"Just say the name, babe", he gritted his teeth looking at me with those darkening eyes and I noticed reddening around his pupil. Illegal drugs.

Those words crept onto me like knives slowly cutting my breath. One can know what could happen if a man under the influence of illegal drugs acted violent to someone. It could get worse. No. it will get worse.

"I don't know him, promise", my voice cracked even more in fear for my life.

"Fuck! You don't know him? you don't know that man?! I saw you getting cozy with him on your school gates and you say you don't know him?! you held hands, Trisha! You are cheating on me!!!", and for the first time I knew how the back of his hands felt connecting on my cheek. He even threw my head on the ground and it started to hurt like hell.

I was a mess.

"I...am... not... cheating...", I weakly stated but I received a kick on the side of my stomach. I couched in pain coughing in bruised and battered voice.

"Don't you dare lie to me! I know what I saw. You lying, conniving, cheating bitch!", and he kicked me again. I tried to block him with my arms but it hurt so much. I gasped for air and the world started to darken around me thankfully his voice sounded far.

End of flashback

"Are you listening?", William's voice got me out of my day nightmare.

"Hey, you look pale. Are you alright?, he held my hand with his big ones and kissed it even. The gesture he used to do whenever he felt something was not right for me. My heart softened on him. He was such a true and sweet friend.

"I'm okay", I said smiling at him to assure him and he returned it with his most appealing one.

"I'm always here, okay?", he said and I was about to say something about that when someone beat me to it.

"And that's the problem there, buddy. You are always there and here and everywhere. Never a fast learner, are you?", I looked at my right side and saw a devil standing there with his most intimidating face.

"Hello, love. Mind if I join you?", he turned to me and without waiting for myresponse, he sat right beside me catching the back of my head with a hand andkissed me sweetly and long on my lips.