Special Chapter 2: Boys Do Fall In Love

Rick’s POV

“Please, Uncle Rick. Don’t tell mom yet”, I almost laugh at Nick’s facial expression. He should be begging me to keep my mouth shut. I accidentally discovered him stalking after a girl. Well, this girl was his employee. His secretary not long ago, newly hired but I would bet my entire savings that he’d been after her longer than that. This sly brat. But then, I was not sure if his personality was stained by his bastard father, which I would probably reject the idea, just by thinking about it made me sick, Nick was far better than that man, he didn’t even deserve to be called Nick’s father. I would be so sure that Nick adapted all of his personality from Sebastian. No one could ever guess that Sebastian was his stepfather because of the undeniable resemblance especially the way they talk and deal with people.

“You know, you should be more… “, I gestured my hands to express what I couldn’t say.

“What?”

“You should be more softer”

Nick’s forehead creased. He was confused. Another resemblance with his father. 

I sighed and cleared my throat to stop myself from laughing. 

“You are asking for a favour here, brat”, I said with arrogance on my voice. Nick rolled his eyes. I laughed at his expression. This kid was never cute.

“What are you laughing about, Rick? It’s still early in the morning”, speaking of the devil, Sebastian came into our view through the kitchen door. 

“Uhmmm..” I looked at Nick and he sipped his coffee like nothing happened a moment ago. There was no panic in his posture. I guessed it was okay to tell him our little secret.

Sebastian walked to the cupboard to get his mug and brewed his own coffee. He then sat down across from us.

“Where’s mom?”, Nick asked his dad, and I covered a smile trying to break out of my face by drinking my own caffeine. 

“Still sleeping. You need to talk to her, Nick. She thinks something not right’s happening to you”

“There’s nothing going on, Dad”, I smirked at them. They’re happy. They’re what a real family was.

“Don’t wait for your mom to use her special weapon on you. I’m telling you, it’s better to let her know the truth”

Nick sighed heavily like his problem gotten bigger.

“I can’t tell her yet, Dad”

Sebastian threw his full attention to his son when he confirmed that indeed something was really going on. 

“You see, your beloved son here is—“

“Uncle Rick…”, Nick warned me.

“So you told your Uncle Rick but you don’t even want me to know. Now, that’s rather promising”, one of Sebastian’s talents, making people feel guilty of what they do.

“It’s nothing really. It is not that important”

“I just want to know so I can help you with your mom when she insisted. It’s not bad to make me your ally here”, I laughed. It was fun watching them negotiate with one another and of course knowing how they would always try to team up against Trisha and still lose in the end. These boys were afraid of their beautiful woman.

“Right”

Sebastian glanced at me. 

“As I was saying, Nick here got himself a girl”, I smirked feeling proud of my nephew. I should tell this to Jacques and Kurt so we could all laugh at each other because someone younger than us got a girl before us.

“That’s wrong, Uncle. Dad will misunderstand. Don’t listen to him, Dad”, he was growing up so well but his ears reddened a bit. Embarrassed now, big boy?

“A girl, Nick? Your mom will have a heart attack. She’ll be hysterical”

I nodded but I doubt it.

“She’s not MY girl”, Nick blurted softly like he was disappointed at something. Sebastian and I looked at each other.

“Who’s she?”, Sebastian asked carefully.

“Just someone”

I chose that time to reach for my phone and get up on my seat. Tapping, typing and scrolling on my social media account, I went to stand on my friend’s side and showed him a picture of a cute girl with a long black wavy hair. She was smiling sweetly on the photo wearing a chocolate brown sun dress, holding a summer hat on her head. Her background was a lively and sunny beach somewhere. Her eyes revealed her Spanish blood.

“Really?”, Nick got our attention when he noticed we were both busy scanning the available pictures we could see.

“What?”, I chuckled and straightened my stance.

“Stop it”, Nick pouted and glared at me.

“She’s beautiful, son”, Sebastian smirked. I did, too. Nick now was a face of the very dilemma. I knew we were being nosy but we were not doing it for fun, well, maybe, but we wanted him to know that we approved of his decisions. We wanted him to know that we were always here for him if ever he needed us. Like a real family. 

At the end, Nick smiled, “Yes, she is. Her name’s Katerina”

“You like her?”

“Yeah”, Nick’s voice sounded sure but lonely.

“So what’s the problem? Did you already tell her that?”

“I can’t”

“Why?”

Slowly, I decided to walk out of the kitchen door without them noticing it. I would like to give them the time to talk man to man. A talk between a father and his son. It felt intrusive if I stayed there but I was happy. 

“I don’t know how. She’s just so cute and lovely when she gets irritated with me. I couldn’t help but get on her nerves”, that was the last faint sentence I heard because I completely out of their range.

I stopped when I saw Trisha standing at the wall near to where I was before with the two. I worriedly glanced back to make sure I couldn’t hear a single sound. If I couldn’t, then she wouldn’t, too right?

I nervously smiled at her.

“G-Good morning, Trish”

“Good morning, Rick”

We stood there in silence staring at each other. I was thinking of ways to divert her from going to the kitchen when she chuckled.

“Don’t worry, Rick. I will not ruin my boys’ moment. I heard everything though”, she sighed, “I just can’t believe my baby’s growing up now”, sadness and happiness mixed up on her.

“Well, boys do fall in love”, and we laughed.

**************
I juat miss them being happy and just together.

And who wants Rick to have his own story?