Special chapter: Social Distancing

“There are more fatalities around the world. We are advised to not go outside our house”, I heard Nick from the living room. I was done with my morning shower and left Sebastian does his. Last night, we heard about the news of the pandemic.

I saw Nick and Rick eating some pancakes while watching the morning news. 

“Good morning, Mom”, my son greeted me with his usual serious tone. 

“Morning”, Rick with his lazy one. I smiled at them and greeted back before walking into the kitchen to cook some proper breakfast. I prepared the ingredients and started to hum my favorite song. Though there were bad news spreading around the world because of the killer disease, this day seemed to be peaceful to me.

It was peaceful not until I heard Sebastian shouted loudly. I was startled by the sound of his voice. He sounded angry which brought nerves into me. 

“What happened?”, I was nervous something might wreck our peaceful days. That the nightmare we had would never end and would never leave us.

“Fuck!”, I saw my husband pacing on the living room, his hand running on his damp hair. With amusement, the two others watched him. I slowly walked to him and when I was about to reach for him, he stepped back. I was taken aback by his action.

“Seb, what’s wrong?”, I asked him. His face painted with annoyance with the world. Instead of answering me directly, he threw a glare at the reporter talking at our TV screen. I carefully listened to the details of the report. 

“We should donate for the poor”, I stated. I saw how the pandemic killed thousands of people and because of this, many places forcefully put under lockdown. Businesses, works and other regularities stopped. I almost cried when a video of a poor man crying over their lack of income and lack of food showed up. 

“Let’s donate”, I sniffed as I was looking at my husband. He was looking at me with love. He sighed in defeat and nodded. He then walked out and went to his study.

“Mom, Dad did not mean that. It was least of his priority but you gained another control”, my son said. Rick was laughing his heart out. With no much understanding of what was really happening, I followed Sebastian and found him talking on the phone. 

“Yeah. Just ask them what they need so we can get it for them”, he spent another good minute before he put it down and face me.  He sat on his swivel chair.

“Thank you. You’re such a kind-hearted man”, I teased. His eyes rolled.

“I was never kind, love. I can only be kind because of you”. His words warmed my heart and made me smile always the sweet man. 

I stretched my arms to give him an embrace. I felt him hesitate and froze. He just limply let himself be surrounded by my arms. 

“What’s bothering you?”, I kissed his temple. 

“I saw the news”

“Hmmm?”, I was purely curious.

“They said no more kisses and no more hugs”, he was pouting like a kid. I laughed at him. 

“Who said that?’

“Those stupid reporters. They recommended social distancing because of the virus”, he groaned like he was in pain. 

“Really? Well maybe we should start practicing it”, I was detaching myself from him but his arms chained me in place. 

“No”, his put me on his lap, his lips traced the line of my neck. I felt the tickle of his stubble. He kissed me there. 

“No. really, we should follow the rules, Seb. It’s the only way to help everyone. And since everyone’s doing it, we should do it, too”, I pushed him though I could start to feel the fire and lust creeping in on me. I caught his sides of his head made him look at me. His eyes were burning with the same intensity of passion and fire. He attacked my lips and I kissed him back. The kiss was deep and seeking. His tongue plunged into the insides of my mouth and I felt my hips automatically made sensual movements against his lap. Those movements that created friction and added heat of our moment. We were so lost. 

I was gasping for air when our mouth parted. His lips reddened and half-opened. 

“We should stop”, I senselessly suggested. And he did but not before giving me another round of air sucking kiss.

(The next day…) 

Sebastian’s POV

My hand extended to reach for my lovely wife. It felt so cold without her but all I found was pillows lined at the center of the bed. I lifted my body and looked at the other side only to see the empty sheets. At my annoyance, I threw the pillow destroying the barrier she made. 

The day went without her not until she finally made her presence known when she entered the house with lots of groceries at hand. Nick was helping her. They were wearing face masks. I was about to hug her when she glared at me.

“Social distancing”, she reminded me firmly.

My eyes widened at disbelief.

“Really?”, I couldn’t believe her words. I was not even sick or feeling ill. I was very healthy and I could even prove that to her.

But her eyes was so determined.

“One meter away from each other, love. Wear a face mask, please”, she uncaringly left me dumbfounded. 

“I’ll shoot that stupid virus”

Thinking a moment of not touching and kissing my wife felt like hell. I called Kurt.

“Kurt, do you know someone who could help me end the stupid pandemic?”

************
Hello, dear readers. I just wish for all of you to be safe and follow the rules to avoid getting infected by the pandemic. My prayers go for all of you.

Stay safe 😘😍❤️